- Personal data (hereinafter “Personal Data”) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, according to the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (hereinafter “FADP”).
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
FUSTIC is a non-profit association founded and hosted at EPFL school with headquarters in Lausanne (Switzerland). We are responsible for the Personal Data we process at FUSTIC.
The processing of Personal Data is carried out under the FADP as well as, where applicable, the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter “GDPR”).
Personnal data we collect about you and for which purpose
FUSTIC’s mandate is to promote the societal and ecological transition by championing research in digital technology and sustainable cities, regions and infrastructure, through a broad range of initiatives – spanning awareness-raising, inspiration, support, education, promotion and awards – the association seeks to put innovative ideas to work for the benefit of citizens, businesses, policymakers, NGOs and researchers.
FUSTIC operates as a research and innovation network, connecting members in Switzerland with peers elsewhere in the world. Its projects are currently housed within EPFL, our ENAC Clusters and EPFL’s research centers.
FUSTIC processes Personal Data in particular in line with its three core tasks which are community matchmaking, Awareness/Education, Research and Innovation projects consortium.
We may process different categories of Personal Data depending of your relationship with Us.
Key principles that guide us
FUSTIC is bound to respect the principles related to data protection. In application of these principles, we will only process data:
- lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data are processed; Personal Data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the Personal Data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the Personal Data.
You have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Data and you may request the correction of any Personal Data which is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data for legitimate reasons as well as a right to object to the use of those data for prospecting in accordance with applicable laws. When the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. FUSTIC reserves the right to refuse any abusive request or one which is contrary to applicable laws.
Personal data security
- FUSTIC ensures the safety and the security of Personal Data by implementing enhanced data security through the use of logical security resources.
- We deploy appropriate measures at both the technological and organizational level to protect the stored Personal Data of our users from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss.
- These are consistent with good practice and the latest regulations, considering the risks involved, to protect your Personal Data.
- You are an actor in the protection of your Personal Data. There are simple but effective measures to ensure the confidentiality, the security in general of your data. FUSTIC as an EPFL association, The EPFL’s IT security provides you some advice on this website.
FUSTIC keeps your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data are processed, in accordance with the applicable legislation.
If anonymization is not possible due to the purpose of a project, Personal Data used may be stored for a maximum of 20 years.
Your Personal Data is processed in Switzerland. In compliance with the applicable laws, Personal Data may be transferred outside of Switzerland if the recipient State has an adequate level of personal data protection or if such level is provided with appropriate safeguards.
With whom we share your Personal Data
- Your Personal Data is mainly processed by FUSTIC or EPFL schools, but we may also share your Personal Data with some vendors or subcontractors acting on our behalf for operational or analytical purposes (e.g. IT providers).
- We may also share your Personal Data with third parties and authorities when required by applicable laws, necessary to defend our rights, or to protect the vital interests of you or another person.
To offer you enhanced online services, we may embed third party services like streaming services (YouTube, Vimeo and SwitchTube) and social media (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook). These service providers may collect and process Personal Data as data controllers. We invite you to refer directly to the terms and privacy policies of those providers.