“Theory courses” offer a larger, but targeted, selection of theoretical classes according to three predefined themes, in relation with a variety of sections (including non-ENAC).
- “Energy classes” are a selection of fundamental to advanced classes (but not too specialized) that focus on energy (in particular – but not only – renewable) and on associated infrastructures (offered in engineering and basic sciences).
- “Environment classes” are a selection of classes focusing on ecological impact and environmental strategies (offered mainly in the SIE section).
- “Systems classes” are a selection of classes focusing on infrastructures, including at urban scale (social sciences, architecture and engineering courses).
- Students also have the possiblity to validate one course outside EPFL (max. 5 ECTS), upon request and in agreement with the IDEAS Minor Committee.
In order to meet the general requirements of the Minor, 14 ECTS must be obtained among the 14 courses offered for this second group.
- Air pollution
- Etudes d’impact
- Recycling of materials
- Systèmes de management environnementaux
- Thermodynamics of comfort in buildings
- Indoor air quality and ventilation
- Behind/Beyond future cities
- Building design in the circular economy
- Development engineering
- Interactive conceptual design of structural forms
- Material and energy flow analysis
- Introduction au BIM
Courses outside EPFL
Indicative list, max. 1 class / 5 ECTS
- Densités urbaines et mobilités résidentielles
- Mobilité durable et aménagement urbain
- Ecologie urbaine et métabolisme urbain : concepts, pratiques
- Urbanisme durable et espace public : concepts, pratiques
- Architecture durable et aménagement urbain
- Industrial Ecology: methodologies and strategies
- Outils et pratiques pour la durabilité