In order to apply for an exchange in one of our partner universities, the students of all sections must meet the minimum requirements below:
- outside Europe : average grade of minimum 5.0 at the Propé
- Europe + Switzerland : average grade of minimum 4.5 at the Propé
- the student must have completed the two first years at EPFL
After the selection, the requirements to be able to go on exchange for a full academic year are the following (applicable as of the academic year 2018-19):
- students who finished the first year in the Spring semester have to obtain all the credits of the 2nd year (60 ECTS) in 2 semesters maximum.
- students who finished the first year in the Autumn semester have to obtain all the credits of the 2nd year (60 ECTS) in 3 semesters maximum
- during the academie exchange, register for the number of credits that are required to validate the 3rd Bachelor Year in order to receive the Bachelor’s Degree at the end of the exchange. In any case, register for a minimum of 45 ECTS.
- go on an exchange during a full academic year (an exchange of one semester is not possible).
- to have a good knowledge of the language of the host country or the language of teaching. A language certificate is often required by certain universities. The language level varies between the institutions.