All students selected for an exchange must take a language test. The test is taken after the selection.
The language tests for German, English (except for USA, Canada and Australia), Spanish, Italian and Portuguese are organized by the Language Centre and will take place online between March 6th and 17th, 2021.
- Monday to Thurdsay: from 6pm to 8pm
- Friday: from 2pm to 8pm
- Saturday: from 10am to 6pm
The registration to the tests is done via is-academia under the main menu “Inscription au test de mobilité” between 1st and 5th March 2021.
The English written and oral tests for students who have been selected for an exchange to the USA or Canada will take place at the EPFL Language Centre. This test is selective, as our partner universities require level C1 in English.
– Thursday 28th January 2021
– Friday 29th January 2021
Written test: on Saturday 30th January 2021 from 9am to 12pm
- Germany, Austria: German and/or English, if study plan in both languages
- Belgium: English, if flemish host university. No test for other universities
- Brazil, Portugal : Portuguese. Except Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST) : English
- Danmark, Finland, Ireland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Norway, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Sweden, Turkey, UK : English
- China, Korea, India, Singapore, Israel : English
- Chile, Spain, Mexico : Spanish
- France: English for Polytechnique Paris, ENS Lyon. No test for other universities
- Italy: Italian. Politecnico di Torino : language of the majority of courses (Italian or English)
- Japan : English test at EPFL + certificate of Japanese level (eg. course attestation)
- Russia : test of Russian at the host university at the beginning of the exchange
- Switzerland: Mendrisio: Italian. ETHZ: language of the majority of courses (German or English)