Please read the procedure carefully and submit your registration form on time.
Kindly complete and validate the online application form.
As soon as you validate the registration form, the exchange coordinator/professor as well as the EPFL professor you have mentioned in the form will receive an automatic email asking them to confirm the details of your project.
Once these persons have validated your form, we will handle your registration.
If your registration is accepted, the acceptance letter will be sent to the email address you have mentioned in the application form.
An email with the EPFL electronic access will be sent to the email address mentioned in your form shortly before the beginning of your project.
If you are coming from a European partner university and have been nominated by your home university in the frame of our Swiss-European Mobility Program (SEMP) agreement you do not need to apply for the SEMP scholarship. We will inform students who are eligible for this grant in their acceptance letter.
If you need a visa to study in Switzerland:
4 months before the beginning of the project
If you don’t need a visa to study in Switzerland:
2 months before the beginning of the project
Your status as a student (exchange or visiting) will be defined according to the criteria below.
- You come from a university with an ongoing exchange partnership with EPFL.
- Your university has selected you for an exchange at EPFL as part of an existing student exchange programme between your university and EPF.
- Your university has informed the EPFL Mobility Office of your selection in accordance with EPFL’s instructions and deadlines communicated to your university.
- You have completed your registration form within the application deadlines for exchanges.
- You will therefore be exempted from the administrative fee of CHF 50.
- For students from European partner universities: once you have completed your registration form, the EPFL Mobility Office will assess your eligibility for the Swiss-European Mobility Program (SEMP) scholarship. The decision will be communicated in your acceptance letter.
- Your university can either be a partner university of EPFL or not.
- You have not been selected by your university for an exchange at EPFL as part of an existing student exchange program between your university and EPFL.
- Before the start of your project, you will be requested to pay an administrative fee of CHF 50. You will receive instructions regarding this one to two weeks before your start date.
- For students from European partner universities: you are not eligible for the Swiss-European Mobility Program (SEMP) scholarship.
If you do not meet the criteria mentioned above and on this webpage, it will not be possible to grant you a student status (neither exchange nor visiting). In this case, please contact the laboratory in which you plan to do your project.