Your letter should include the following information:
- Your qualification and why you are a good fit for your labs of choice
- Why you have selected these laboratory(ies) / professor(s)
- Why you would like to undertake an Excellence Research Internship at EPFL
- What your future study / research / professional /personal objectives are
- Whether you have a potential interest in a student exchange or graduate studies at EPFL (Master or PhD).
If you are a 3rd year student and above, you should send an official transcript with the final grades of at least your two previous years of study at your current university.
If you are a 2nd year student, you should send an official transcript with the final grades of your first year of study at your current university.
If you are a first year student, you are unfortunately not yet eligible.
Both are acceptable. You should choose which ones are the best options in relation to your application and your lab choices.
At the time of undertaking your Excellence Research Internship you need to have completed your 2nd year of Bachelor (undergraduate) studies. Therefore, you are eligible if you are a:
- 2nd year Bachelor/Undergraduate student when you apply but have completed your 2nd year when you start your internship
- 3rd or 4th year Bachelor/Undergraduate student
- 1st or 2nd year Master’s degree student
Please note that you have to be enrolled as a student when you complete your internship. More information on eligibility criteria.
The Excellence Research Internship Program is open to outstanding students (top 10%) from one of the program’s North American and UK partner universities only. If you come from a university outside these regions, please refer to this page for information on other EPFL internship programs.
No, you should not contact the professors directly concerning your application. Should you be selected for the program, the Excellence Research Internship Program Committee will work on your placement.
If you are selected for an internship by the Excellence Research Internship Program, you will receive a Scholarship of Excellence covering main costs of living.