No. We ask that you do not contact the professors directly concerning your application at this stage. Should you be selected for the program, the Research Internship Program Committee will work on your placement.
Your letter should address both: your qualifications, but also a brief explanation of why you have applied to your selected laboratories.
You could add the following to your motivation letter:
- Why you would like to undertake a research internship at EPFL
- Why you have selected the laboratory(ies) / professor(s) that you did
- What your future personal / study / research / professional objectives are
- Whether you have a potential interest in undertaking a student exchange at EPFL (semester or year)
- Why you would like to come to Switzerland
- Whether you have an interest in learning French
What counts is that the two academic years are reflected. You can send one document with the final grades of the three years of study at your current university. If you are currently a 3rd year student, you could send one transcript with the two academic years being reflected.
Both are absolutely fine. You may choose which one is best in your opinion.
At the time of undertaking your research internship you need to be in:
- 3rd or 4th year if you are a Bachelor’s degree student
- 1st or 2nd year if you are a Master’s degree student