|1. EPFL Application||Students|
|2. EPFL Selection||Student exchange office + Commission|
|3. Language test||Students|
|4. Nomination to the host university||Student exchange office|
|5. Application to the host university||Students|
|6. Acceptation at the host university|
*It is possible that the partner refuses an EPFL candidate. In this case, you can continue your Bachelor’s degree at EPFL. No other destinations are possible.
|7. Practical aspects: visa, housing, transportation, insurances, military leave, etc.||Students|
Based on the information received by the host university and the information you gather from your local authority, current insurer, embassies, etc.
In order to help you in your thinking and decision-making process, many resources are at your disposal, do not hesitate to use them!
- Read the reports written by students who have returned from an exchange.
- Come to the Study Abroad Fair which takes place in October the year before the exchange.
- In order to build your study plan for the exchange, go through your sections’ study plans as well as those of the host university of your interest.
- Participate in your section’s information session about exchanges and contact the EPFL academic exchange advisor of your section.
- Contact the outgoing or incoming students to inquire about academical or pratical matters about the partner institutions.
Overview of the procedure for organising an exchange in the 3rd year of the Bachelor programme: