EPFL engages in the international education community to build key partnerships, strengthen international networks and share best practices.
With over 150 international exchange and double degree agreements, EPFL offers its students a large selection of study abroad destinations. Students from partner institutions also have the opportunity to study on its campus.
Since 2015, the EPFL Education Outreach Department has been organizing the International Fair in the context of its Partner Days. Each year international partners have the opportunity to meet with EPFL students and present their institution at its study abroad fair.
In the framework of EPFL’s 50th anniversary, the International Fair will be hosted on Monday 23 September 2019 in EPFL’s flagship building: the Rolex Learning Center. Partners from Europe, North America and Asia are expected to represent their institution in this event.
The EPFL Education Outreach Department has been organizing since 2015 its Partner Days event that includes the International Fair. Each year international partners from across the globe have the opportunity to visit the EPFL campus and labs, exchange with staff and meet with students.
In the context of its 50th anniversary, EPFL is pleased to host on Sunday 22 and Monday 23 September 2019 the brand new EuroTech Partner Days. EPFL is joining forces with the 5 other EuroTech Universities Alliance Members – Technical University of Denmark (DTU), École Polytechnique (L’X), Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Technical University of Munich (TUM) – to offer one unique common event aimed at their partners. Each year the Partner Days will take place on a different EuroTech Member campus starting with EPFL this year.
The Education Outreach Department selectively participates in the main International Education Conferences in North America (NAFSA) and in Europe (EAIE) organized for professionals active in this field.
These events offer an efficient way to connect with various international partners all at once and to develop and reinforce international partnerships in education.
EPFL participates in many international fairs or Swiss Embassy events with representatives and/or exchange students. These fairs offer an excellent occasion to present EPFL to students interested in student exchanges, research internships, master’s thesis or PhD studies. They also offer a great opportunity to strengthen and deepen key partnerships.
Meet with EPFL Representatives – Study Abroad Fair Calendar 2018-2019
- National University of Singapore (NUS), International Exchange Day, Singapore, 29.08 (EPFL exchange students)
- University of Waterloo, Go Abroad Fair, Waterloo, Canada, 26.09 (EPFL exchange students)
- Embassy of Switzerland, Go Global Fair, Montreal, Canada, 23.09 (EPFL exchange student)
- Embassy of Switzerland, Go Global Fair, Toronto, Canada, 22.09 (EPFL exchange student)
- Embassy of Switzerland, EU Study Fair, Seoul, South Korea, 15.09-16.09 (EPFL exchange student present on 15.09)
- Carnegie Mellon University, Study Abroad Fair, Pittsburgh, USA, 14.09 (EPFL exchange students)
- University of Illinois, Illinois Abroad Day, Champaign, USA, 5.09 (EPFL exchange students)
- Oxford University, Science, Engineering and Technology Fair, UK, 27.10 (EPFL representative)
- Infomarkt, ETHZ, Zürich, 23 et 25.10 (EPFL representative)
- Embassy of Switzerland, Recruit in Canada, Vancouver, Canada, 21.10 (EPFL exchange student)
- HKUST Exchange Fair, Hong-Kong, (18-19 October) (EPFL exchange students)
- EPFL Forum and International Fair, EPFL Campus, 12.10 (EPFL representatives)
- Ecole Polytechnique, Forum de l’X, Paris, 9.10 (EPFL representative and exchange students)
- University of British Columbia (UBC), Global Experience Fair, Vancouver, Canada, 3.10 (EPFL exchange students)
- University of Toronto, Learning Abroad Fair, 2-4.10 (EPFL exchange students)
- Georgia Tech, Study Abroad Fair, Atlanta, USA, 2.10 (EPFL exchange students)
- TU Wien, Exchange Studienmesse, Vienna, Austria, 20.11 (EPFL exchange students)
- MIT, European Career Fair, Cambridge, MA, USA, 16.2 (EPFL representative and exchange student)
- Johns Hopkins University (JHU), Study Abroad Fair, Baltimore, USA, 5.02 (EPFL exchange student)
- The University of Sydney, Sydney Abroad Fair, 8.4 (EPFL exchange student)
- University of New South Wales (UNSW), UNSW Exchange Expo, Sydney, 9.4 (EPFL exchange student)
- CentraleSupéléc, Forum des Universités partenaire, Gif Sur Yvette, France, 18.04 (EPFL representative and exchange students)
- KAIST, Spring Student Mobility Fair, Daejeon, South Korea, 10.05 (EPFL exchange student)
- Technical University of Munich (TUM), International Day, 12.06 (EPFL exchange student)
international student mobility
The EPFL encourages mobility among its students, whether in traditional exchanges or through the completion of a Master’s project in a partner institution. Each year EPFL enables students from partner institutions to complete an exchange semester or a project in a laboratory.