Nature, in code
Computer simulations can answer these questions and even predict which genetic characteristics will be transmitted to future generations. Today, this revolutionary tool is essential for scientists, as much as theory and experiments.
All the participants will have the opportunity to code their own simulations and share the results with their friends.
- Where and when
- July 10-13, 2023 at EPFL (Lausanne)
- From 10:00 to 17:00 (to be confirmed); a detailed program with the final schedule will be sent to the participants
- High school students who have passed their 1st year
- No prior knowledge
- Handouts and course in French and English
- The course material is based on the book Nature, in Code by M. Salathé, EPFL professor in the School of computer and communication science and the School of life sciences
- Teaching staff
- Students from the School of computer and communication sciences as well as from the School of life sciences
Dr Barbara Jobstmann, lecturer, School of computer and communication sciences
- CHF 50.- (excluding VAT).
- Online registration is closed
- Please contact the Education Outreach Department for any question: [email protected]