How does a machine learn? How can a robot sense its environment? How can it process information? How can it localize itself and navigate autonomously?
An opportunity to discover the foundations of mobile robotics
During this pre-university week, participants will alternate theory sessions and practicals to explore the foundations of mobile robotics and dig into topics such as sensors, motion, control, local navigation, neural networks and machine learning.
Participants will notably learn how to program a behavior on a Thymio-robot, making it able to sense its environment, map it and move around safely. They will also build a neural network allowing them to train the robot for specific behaviors.
- Where and when
- October 17-20, 2022 at EPFL (Lausanne)
- High school students
- Some experience in programming (any language)
- Course in French, course material in English
- Online registration is closed
- Please contact the Education Outreach Department for any question: [email protected]