Your own mobile robot
Learn how to connect electronic components, program a microcontroller and create 3D models.
During this pre-university week, participants will dive into the theory and application of mobile robotics using the micro:bit board to conceptualize, design and build their own robot.
The theoretical and practical sessions will allow them to first acquire the knowledge and skills, then immediately put them into practice to program and build a microcontroller using Python.
While applying what they learned about sensors, motion control and machine learning, they will be able not only to improve the mobile robot’s design, navigation and capacities, but also to teach it specific behaviors.
- Where and when
- July 3-6, 2023 at EPFL (Lausanne)
- The exact times have not yet been determined, but the activities will take place in a time frame from 9:00 to 17:00; a detailed program with the final schedule will be sent to the participants
- Motivated high school students with some experience in programming (any language)
- Teaching staff
- Dr A. Dame accompanied by EPFL students
- CHF 50.- (excl. VAT).
- Online registration is closed
- Please contact the Education Outreach Department for any question: [email protected]