Decoding QR codes
Concert tickets, admission to museums, menus in restaurants: QR codes are everywhere. They give us access to various activities and information, but how are they designed? How reliable are they and what kind of data can they contain? This is what you will discover during this pre-university week combining programming and mathematics.
Offered by EPFL’s School of Computer and Communication Sciences, this pre-university week is open to students from high schools interested in discovering all the secrets that are hidden in QR codes. From the encoding of data and its placement on a matrix to the principles of automatic error correction, participants will learn how to master all the steps leading to the construction of this tool that is becoming increasingly used, but remains complex to design.
- Where and when
- April 17-21, 2023 at EPFL (Lausanne) – The pre-university weeks will of course take place in strict compliance with the sanitary measures in force at that time
- High school students (2nd year and beyond)
- Teaching staff
- Dr Romain Edelmann and a team of EPFL students
- Online registration will soon begin
- Please contact the Education Outreach Department for any question: [email protected]
This pre-university week is sponsored by Camptocamp.