EPFL students who are in their 1st year of the Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering, electronic engineering and microengineering may apply to ISAE-SUPAERO to pursue the Ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO program. If admitted, they begin the double degree program after validating the 1st year of the Master’s degree at EPFL.
ISAE-SUPAERO students who are in their 2nd year of the Ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO program and who have excellent academic records may apply for the following EPFL Master’s degree programs:
- Master in Mechanical engineering
- Master in Electrical and electronic engineering
- Master in Microengineering
- Master in Robotics
- Master in Computational science and engineering
- Master in Life sciences engineering
- Master in Management, technology and entrepreneurship
If admitted, they begin the double degree program after validating the first two years of their engineering training (corresponding to Master 1).
General conditions related to double degrees are available on the Double degrees, joint Master’s and 1:1 Master’s page.
General information about applications and deadlines related to double degrees is available on the Double degrees, joint Master’s and 1:1 Master’s page.
A training path of 180 ECTS is offered within this double degree program at ISAE-SUPAERO:
- 1st and 2nd semesters: Master’s study program at EPFL (60 ECTS)
- 3rd, 4th and 5th semesters: courses at ISAE-SUPAERO
- 6th semester: individual end-of-study project in the industry as end-of-study internship (Master’s thesis, SFE)
- Before the 31 December of the year of the 6th semester: research internship in laboratory (optional)
A total of 120 ECTS are obtained at ISAE-SUPAERO
A training path of 180 ECTS is offered within this double degree program at EPFL:
- Validation of the first two years of the Ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO course of study (Master 1, 60 ECTS)
- Internship in the industry (from eight weeks to six months)
- Master 2 (four semesters) at EPFL: courses and Master’s thesis in a research laboratory (minimum four months)
A total of 120 ECTS credits are obtained at EPFL
End-of-study project or Master’s thesis
The academic supervisors of each institution must approve the subject of the end-of-study project or Master’s thesis. The students submit a written report and perform an oral defense in French or in English. The defense takes place at the host institution. One or more members of the home institution may be part of the academic committee responsible for evaluating the project (in situ or by video conference).
In order to be admitted to the Ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO training program, EPFL students must have at least a B2 level in French.
In order to obtain the Ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO degree, EPFL students must pass the TOEFL test, by the end of their stay at the latest, paper-based (PBT) or internet-based (IBT) format, and obtain a minimum overall score of 580 (PBT) or 92/100 (IBT).
At EPFL a level of C1 in English is highly recommended. However, validation of this level by an official test is not required.
Once the program participants have met the graduation requirements of each of the partner institutions, they receive two degrees:
- EPFL Master of Science
- Ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO degree
The award of the EPFL Master’s degree implies the award of the Ingénieur ISAE-SUPAERO degree and vice versa.
General information about costs related to double degrees is available on the Double degrees, joint Master’s and 1:1 Master’s page.