This joint degree program enables students interested in doing a Master in Micro and Nanotechnologies for Integrated Systems to complete one semester in each institution (EPFL, INPG and PoliTo). They obtain a joint degree stating the three official titles.
Each institution (EPFL, Grenoble INP and PoliTo) can recruit up to 20 students per academic year according to their own requirements.
At EPFL this program is open to the students of the electrical and electronic engineering Section.
EPFL students file their application to the joint degree program with the Section of electrical and electronic engineering. They have to provide a CV, a motivation letter and a transcript of records. The bachelor’s specialty, the academic results, the program of study as well as the language skills of the candidate will be taken into account.
The Section of electrical and electronic engineering carries out an initial screening of the applications.
Once completed, the selected students apply to the master’s program by filling out this online form (applications take place from 30 November 2018 until 8 March 2019). The final selection is carried out by a joint admission committee at the end of June each year.
- For admission to EPFL a B2 level either in French or in English is strongly recommended.
- For admission to Grenoble INP a level of at least B1 in English is required (a language certificate issued by the home institution is sufficient).
Graduation requires a B2 level certified by an accredited organization (please find a list of accepted certificates). – For admission to PoliTo, students must provide a language certificate indicating an level in English of at least IELTS 5.0 (please find a list of accepted certificates).
Students enrolled in the program must complete 120 ECTS in total over a maximum of 6 semesters according to the following mobility scheme and the study plan of each institution:
1st semester: PoliTo (30 ECTS)
2nd semester: Grenoble INP (30 ECTS)
3rd semester: EPFL (30 ECTS)
4th semester: master’s thesis (or “tesi di laurea”) (30 ECTS)
The master’s thesis (or “tesi di laurea”) can be completed:
- at the home institution – at one of the partner institution (according to their rules and under their supervision)
- in industry or at a third party institution
Upon successful completion of the MNIS program, the student obtains a joint degree stating the official title of each institution:
- Laurea Magistrale in Nanotechnologies for ICT (PoliTo)
- Diplôme d’ingénieur de l’Institut national polytechnique de Grenoble (INPG)
- Master of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EPFL)
The joint degree mentions the specialization « Micro- and Nanotechnologies for Integrated Systems » (MNIS).