No, you should choose one program and apply to this one only.

Decisions are sent early April for applications registered by the 15th of December and end of June for the applications registered by the 15th of April.

No, you cannot. You can apply to only one program per year. You have to select carefully the program you wish to apply for.

No, whether you apply in December or April does not matter: all Masters programs start mid-September. However, we advise our international candidates needing a visa to apply in December, which allow them to have an early answer and thus to have more time for the visa procedures.

No. The entire program must be completed through EPFL.

The EPFL Masters curriculums offer all students the possibility to pursue a minor in Management, Technology and Entrepreneurship (MTE). The EPFL also offers a 120-credit Master programme in MTE.

The academic year is divided into two semesters. Each semester lasts 14 weeks and runs from mid-September to Christmas, then from mid-February to the end of May. See the Academic calendar

You should collect your student card by the Registrar’s Office (SAC) at your arrival.

If you are a student from outside the EU, Swiss Law does not allow you to work during your first 6 months in Switzerland. After this period, you may work 15h/week during the semester and full time during the holidays. If you are coming from EU-countries, you are allowed to work from the 1st day after your arrival. Detailed information on working and work permits here.

It is important that you deal with the immigration formalities before entering Switzerland. Depending on your country of origin, you might need to request a visa to study in Switzerland (not required for European citizens).

The visa procedure may take up to 3 months. Therefore, make sure you start the visa procedure early enough so as to have your visa before you arrive in Lausanne.

Please note that a tourist visa is valid 3 months only and cannot be changed into a student permit after your arrival in Switzerland.

Check visa requirements for your country on the official list of the Federal Office of Migration.

If you do need a visa

If you do need a visa, please get in touch with the Swiss representation in your country to ask for a visa application form, and check with them which documents you are requested to join to your visa application: Swiss Representations throughout the world.

If you do not need a visa

Even if you do not need a visa, you will need a valid residence permit to study in Switzerland. You will be required to register with the local immigration authority of your place of residence (so-called “Commune”) within 8 days of arrival in Switzerland.

You will find detailed information on residence permits and visas on this page.