CYD Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide a salary and research and conference funds for up to three years, enabling fellows to complete a research project at the CYD Campus under the supervision of a professor at a higher education institution in Switzerland.
CYD Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to researchers at postdoctoral level who are willing to engage with cross-cutting issues in cyber-defence, with a particular emphasis on:
- Novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data
- Research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems.
- Citizens of any nationality can apply
- No age restrictions apply
- Applicants must seek the endorsement of a professor employed at a higher education institution in Switzerland and of a CYD Campus researcher willing to supervise them
- CYD Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships are aimed at new talents, and hence applicants are only eligible to apply if they do not already hold or have not already held an equivalent position in the same field in a higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad.
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Salary contribution (incl. social security) based on the salary ranges of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- Reseach costs: A maximum amount of CHF 3’000.- per year can be granted for research costs.
- Conference costs: A maximum amount of CHF 6’000.- per year can be granted for conference costs.
The submission deadline is on 30 March 2020 (17:00 CET).
Decisions will be announced by the end of May 2020.