CYD Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide a salary and research and conference funds for up to two years, enabling fellows to complete a research project at the CYD Campus under the supervision of a professor at a higher education institution in Switzerland.
The call for Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applications was closed on 31 August 2020, but details on future calls will be published soon.
CYD Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to researchers at postdoctoral level who are willing to engage with cross-cutting issues in cyber-defence, with a particular emphasis on:
- Novel technologies for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of cyber and cyber-physical systems
- Privacy-enhancing technologies
- Data science and artificial intelligence methods for analysing cyber- and technology-relevant data
- Research on vulnerabilities and backdoors in digital systems.
- Citizens of any nationality may apply for the CYD Postdoctoral fellowships.
- No age restrictions apply.
- The CYD Postdoctoral Fellowships are aimed at new talents, and hence applicants are only eligible to apply if they do not already hold or have not already held an equivalent position in the same field in a higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of a professor employed at a Swiss higher education institution willing to supervise them when they submit their Stage 2 application (see Selection process).
Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Salary contribution (including social security benefits) based on the salary ranges of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
- Research costs: a maximum amount of CHF 3’000.- per year can be granted for research costs.
- Conference costs: a maximum amount of CHF 6’000.- per year can be granted for conference costs.
The application toolkit of future calls for Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applications will be available soon.
The call for Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applications is now closed, but details on future calls will be published soon.
The selection process includes two stages.
Stage 1 consists of the pre-selection of applicants by a CYD Campus internal evaluation committee based on their academic profile, motivation, and a pre-proposal.
In Stage 2, short-listed applicants will be required to submit a full research proposal before the submission deadline.
Final decisions will be made by a committee chaired by the Director of the CYD Campus and composed of 3-5 members representing the CYD Campus and Swiss higher education institutions.