Medical supervision for people working with radioactivity
According to the Radiological Protection Ordinance (RPO), all individuals with professional exposure to ionizing radiation must undergo a medical examination before beginning work with radioactive sources or X-ray generators. Personnel professionally exposed to ionizing radiations must undertake a basic radioprotection safety course and agree to follow the rules established by the Ordinance, specifically those related to personal protection, management of waste, and individual dosimetry.
- Fill in the exposure Radioprotection questionnaire or contact us
- You will receive via email an appointment for a medical exam
- Before the appointment, print and fill out the Radioprotection – Medical visit certificate.
The examination fees are covered by the unit.
The exam includes:
- A blood test (full blood count) by the medical assistant
- A consultation (medical history & physical examination) with the occupational health specialist.