– Each user can submit up to three images in any given contest period.
– You cannot submit an image which was taken by someone else, only your own images could be submitted.
– One image cannot be submitted 2 times (in different contest periods). The only exception are second and third place winners, who gain the right to submit their pictures once more if they wish.
– The image has to be send before the end of the contest period (e.g. the deadline for January/February contest is the last day of February).
– The image has to be taken by means of a microscope at CIME.
– Colorised microscopy images, computational simulations, or a combination of both, is accepted.
– The image has to contain a scale bar.
– Please send us your picture(s) in JPEG or PNG format and with maximum size 2500 pixels.
– The image has to be sent with a title, a short description of the image (what is the sample, which technique/ microscope did you use, etc.), the name(s) of author(s) and the laboratory.
Please consider that by sending us your image you and your supervisor authorize CIME to publish it on CIME websites.
Contest info summary:
When does it start? January 2021
Contest period: bi-monthly (e.g. January/February, Mars/April,…)
What to do? send us your beautiful images with a title, a short description of the image (what is the sample, which technique/ microscope did you use, etc.), the name(s) of author(s) and the laboratory.
Where to send your images: submit your image here (connection to EPFL VPN needed).
What can you win? The best image will be published on the main CIME webpage for the duration of the next contest period and the winner will receive 100,-CHF.
Second and third place winners gain the right to submit their pictures once more if they wish.
Jury: The wining picture will be selected by a committee of CIME staff members.
Winner announcement: at the beginning of subsequent contest period.