Consultations for teachers
Each year we work with hundreds of teachers and teaching teams on an individual basis to help them to address pedagogical issues. We work with teachers who are experiencing problems, who are preparing promotion dossiers and with those who are teaching successfully but would still like to innovate or improve. The core principles of our approach are described here. One typical starting point is to help teachers get a broad-based understanding of their context. We can do this through:
- facilitating feedback from students (often using detailed student feedback questionnaires – this is one of a number of types of teaching ‘evaluation’ available)
- collecting data on aspects of students’ learning experiences
- through classroom observations
- reviewing course documents.
In each case, we can design data collection instruments, gather, enter and analyse the data. The pedagogical advisor and teacher we can meet to review this evidence with the teacher and discuss multiple possibilities appropriate to their context, allowing the teacher the freedom to identify what will best suit their content, their own teaching and their constraints. The report prepared by the pedagogical advisor, in cases when it is not compulsory (see ‘evaluation’), remains confidential between the pedagogical advisor and the teacher.
For further information, teachers can contact the pedagogical advisor linked to their section at any moment during the academic year. Please see the list on the right hand sidebar.
Consultations and support for sections
We offer a wide range of customized supports to sections depending on their needs, including:
- support with compulsory in-depth student feedback on teaching and on programmes/ cycles
- participation in section committees such as Academic Commissions, Teaching Commissions and Section Councils
- support for curriculum review and development activities, including accreditation reviews
- other individualized supports to match emerging needs.
To arrange support, sections can contact the relevant pedagogical advisor. Please see the list on the right hand sidebar.