Usually, it is better to ask directly teachers in CSE whether they have available master projects.
The CSE Master projects must have a strong scientific content. It has to be carried out under the direction of an EPFL professor of the CSE Master, possibly in collaboration with the industry or at another university.
- The title page will comprise:
- The abstract follows on next page
- The report is signed on the last page (before the appendices)
- Put the PDM PDF in ISA
- Make the iThenticate similarity analysis in ISA. (automatic)
- Send an e-mail to the teacher and the expert, copying CSE and attaching the PDF file of the PDM.
- At the end of the Master project session of SMA there is a poster session with the presentation of all the projects of the section
Tasks of the supervisor (an EPFL Professor or MER)
- Supervision of the work during the Master project
- Supervision of the writing report
- Check-in of the made work, including:
. Reading and evaluation of the report
. Evaluation of the oral presentation
- Return the note to the SAC
These tasks are also required in case of master project in collaboration with the industry. The supervision of the work is maybe a little lighter since the student is also supervised by a person in the company. The EPFL professor is still the main referent for the project.