- Directeur de Section: Prof. Joachim Krieger
- Adjointe du directeur : Dr: Orane Pouchon
- Secrétariat de la Section: Valérie Kormann et Sara Frulloni
- Informatique: Léonard Gross et Marc Perraudin
- Responsable des stages : Dr. Orane Pouchon
- Conseiller aux études: Dr. Orane Pouchon ou les responsables de tracks
- Délégué à la mobilité: Prof. Thomas Mountford
- Délégué à la communication et aux relations publiques: Prof. Philippe Michel
- Responsable de l’école doctorale (EDMA): Prof. Fabio Nobile
- Secrétariat de l’école doctorale (EDMA): Anne Kolly
- Responsable de la bibliothèque: Prof. Robert Dalang ????
Bachelor: Dr. Orane Pouchon
If you have already chosen a Track: the person responsible for the Track.
To get in touch with the Study Councelor, the students are invited to first contact the Section of Mathematics. The roles of consultant studies are:
- Advise students about the curriculum, the choice of optional courses and orientations.
- Guide students in difficulty following unsatisfactory results at the exams.
- Help the second year students in their choice for the study trip.
- In case of a conflict between a teacher and a student, he can be the mediator if the director of the section has a conflict of interest.
INFORMATION ABOUT EXCHANGES
Prof. Thomas Mountford
Exchange coordinator for the mathematics section
Exchange during the 3rd Bachelor year: students must contact [email protected]
Exchange during the master thesis: students should contact [email protected] for any question related to academic matters. For administrative questions (form to be filled for the SMA, deadlines, etc.), please contact:
– Master in mathematics and in applied mathematics (ing. math): [email protected];
– Master in computational science and engineering: [email protected]
For both types of exchanges, we request that you read carefully the Information on the Registrar’s office website regarding the application conditions and procedure. Moreover, the specialists at the Student exchange office are available by appointment; to schedule a meeting, please contact the student services desk.
You would like to carry out your Masters project at another university:
First you must find a professor in the Section of mathematics who will be responsible for your project; this person will be the official EPFL project supervisor and will participate in the exam. You also need the approval of the Director of the Section of mathematics; for this purpose, please fill in the ad hoc form and give it to the SMA secretariat.