In order to obtain the certificate of a Minor in Neuroprosthetics, students have to be enrolled in a master program of the EPFL and, as part of their master studies, obtain 30 credits from the list of courses counting for the minor in neuroprosthetics and ensure that 20 credits from the list of core courses are acquired within the Master’s cycle.
List of courses counting for the minor in neuroprosthetics:
List of core courses is found in section “Minors with specific lectures” of the study plan regulation:
The minor in neuroprosthetics covers the essential courses in neurosciences and neuroengineering in the field of neuroprosthetics, including medical applications. The programme is coordinated by Prof. José del R. Millán (School of Engineering, STI) and Prof Olaf Blanke (School of Life Sciences, SV).
Summary of the rules for obtaining the Minor in Neuroprosthetics:
- a minimum of 30 credits total must be taken in the global list of courses counting for the minor
- a minimum of 20 credits from the list of core courses are acquired within the Master’s cycle
- a minimum of 15 credits from the list of core courses are acquired before doing the Project in Neuroprosthetics.
- the Project in Neuroprosthetics (8 credits) is mandatory and must be done in one of the labs of the Center for Neuroprosthetics
- if a student wants to account an optional “Lab Immersion” in the minor, it has to be done in one of the labs of the Center for Neuroprosthetics or, after agreement by the programme coordinators, in one of its closely collaborating EPFL laboratories.