SPC-SG has developed, through the design, development and testing of superconducting coil systems for several large scale international projects an expertise for:
- Superconductor material science
- Conductor technology
- Magnet technology
- Design and system studies
- Performance testing
The current activities are mainly focused on superconductors testing in the high field test facility SULTAN.
- LTS Conductor and joint development for EU-DEMO (Eurofusion)
- HTS Conductor development for EU-DEMO (Eurofusion)
- Joint development for LTS high field dipoles (CERN)
- Current leads development
- Experimental evaluation and analysis of thermal hydraulic behavior of cable-in-conduit conductors, EU-DEMO (Eurofusion)
- Operation of smaller facilities, e.g. high field laboratory magnets, Variable temperature insert, winding and testing of small insert coils.