According to the rules of the EDOC, each doctoral program should have a mentoring system in place. Therefore, at EDRS, every doctoral candidate is assigned a mentor. The mentor must be part of the committee members, thesis advisors and co-advisors of the EDRS Program and serves as a source of general advice to the student until graduation.
Role of the mentor:
- Can ask the doctoral student and thesis advisor for status once a year after the submission of the research proposal and the annual report
- Reports to the doctoral committee on his/her experience during the year if appropriate
Role of the doctoral student:
- Alerts his/her mentor when there is a problem
- For information, sends a copy of his research proposal and annual reports to his/her mentor
- Contacts his/her mentor and meets with him/her at least once during his doctoral studies