!!! Limited access to the chamber n°1. !!!
Laser Entrance Windows and/or targets changed 3 times per week (Monday / Wednesday / Friday).
I. Introduction ↑
Pulsed laser deposition (PLD) is a physical vapor deposition (PVD) technique. The deposition takes place in a reactor chamber under vacuum. A pulsed laser beam is focused on a target of the material that is to be deposited and generates a plasma plume of evaporated source material. Inside the reactor of the SMP tool, the sample and the target are positioned opposite of each other that permits the plasma plume to deposit the target material directly on the wafer or substrate surface. By means of a scanning movement of the laser spot on the target and by rotation of the wafer, a uniform thin film layer is realized. If required by the thin film material properties, the wafer or substrate temperature can be elevated up to 800°C.
II. Available targets ↑
For more information, please visit the available PVD targets web page.
III. Operating instructions ↑
WARNING: This manual is only valid for a loading from the loadlock! Following this procedure for a loading from heater may damage the equipment.
Before starting, please check that:
- The laser entrance window (LEW) installed is appropriate to the material you are going to deposit. If not, please contact CMi staff.
- The targets and their positions are ok for the process you are going to use (Tab System).
If any doubt, please contact CMi staff.
- Control if the account “user” is selected. If not, press Log out and log in with the username: user & password: user.
- Control if the laser is claimed. If not :
- Put the Reactor in manual mode.
- Release the laser on the other chamber and claim it on the chamber used.
- Edition of the recipe:
- Click on the tab Recipes.
- Select the process in the column Process Recipes.
- Select the step PLDLayerX in the window Recipe Steps and the change process time DepositionTimeLayerX & the number of traces nTracesLayerX. Please DO NOT change any of the others parameters of a standard recipe!
- Click Save.
- Loading of the wafer:
- If needed, put the loadlock in automatic mode.
- Press Vent LoadLock.
- Turn knobs on the position Open.
- Unlock LL Tray (Wait for hearing the click)
- Pull gently the drawer out and load (or unload) the wafer.
- Close gently the drawer.
- Turn knobs on the position Close.
- Press Reset Safety circuit.
- Change the reactor mode if needed (Manual -> Auto)
- Display the list of recipes by clicking on the arrow.
- Select the process.
- Click Load.
- Display the list of steps by clicking on the arrow.
- IMPORTANT always select the first step Load Wafer (loading from IO) | InitChamberandPumpdown (loading from heater).
- Click Select.
- Click Start.
- Repeat the Step 4. – Loading of the wafer entirely.
- Press Pumpdown + N2 Purge Loadlock.
- Before leaving the tool, check if:
- Heater are set to 0%. If not, click Lamp Heater Control – 0 %.
- Droplet Trap is set to 5 rpm. If not, click Droplet Trap Control – Idle.
- Fill the logbook.