To be read first:
- ! Hot ! T = 150 °C: The metal carrier maintains high temperature for several minutes. To move cassettes, use the handle available by the machine.
- Make sure to include a 15 minutes time interval before the EVG 150 and Ritetrack 88 coater booking period to perform the HMDS treatment.
- Do not apply HMDS deposition with the YES 310TA primer oven if you coat photoresists using the ACS 200 or the Clean Track ACT8, which have their own HMDS module.
- Please immediately inform the CMi staff in case of problems with the equipment.
RESERVATION RULES AND BOOKING FEES POLICY:
- The HMDS oven is free to use, with no booking and no login.
The YES 310TA vacuum cure and vapor prime oven allows batch priming of Si, SiO2 (native or film) and Si3N4 with silane molecules, to enhance adhesion of polymers, such as photoresists.
Hexamethyldisilazane (HMDS, CAS Number 999-97-3, formula C6H12NSi2) is extensivly used for standard photoresists. More details can be found here.
According to the equipment supplier, some other following compounds are commonly used for priming:
Trimethylsilyldiethylamine (TMSDEA or DEATS) has a faster reaction time than HMDS but is not in common use for silicon layers; It is preferred for metal layers instead. CAS Number 996-50-9. Formula C7H19SiN.
(3-Aminopropyl)triethoxysilane (APTS or AEPTS) is used as priming agent for polyimide coating. CAS Number 919-30-2. Formula C9H23NSiO.
II. Equipment description
One YES 310TA oven is installed in CMi BM-1:
- Zone 1
- The priming agent is HMDS in vapor phase
- Temperature = 150 °C
- Exposure time = 300s
- Total process time including purges = ~15 min
- Check that the no process is running (tower light is green if a process is running). The display should show “Reset state”. If the former user did not reset the controller after process end (tower light is yellow), do it with Press to Reset.
- Use the designated metal carrier to load wafers (25 slots for 4″ or 6″ wafers per cassette).
- Open door and load carrier using the handle. Close door.
- There is no need to wait for dehydration, a room-pressure delay is integrated in the standard recipe!
- Check recipe number is ’01’ for HMDS vapor prime. If this is not the case, press on Enter recipe number and use the keys to change recipe to ’01’.
- Start run with Press to Start. The tower green light switches on.
- After dehydration delay, purge begins with a vacuum valve opening. Run cycle is ~15 minutes.
- At the end of the process the tower will turn yellow. Put the machine back to idle mode with Press to Reset.
- Open door and unload carrier USING THE HANDLE. Close door. The carrier stays outside of the oven in stand-by.
- Wait 3-5 minutes to allow wafers to cool down to room temperature before proceeding to spin coating deposition.