Important furnace informations
- Not microelectronic, not biocompatible compatible
- vaccumed chamber: less than 5 mbar
- Temperature range: 50 to 450°C
- Maximum heating: 200°C/min
- Maximum cooling rate : 100°C/min
- Chamber with gas extraction
- process chamber size: 147mm x 217mm height 40mm
- Location: Zone 10
Fully automatic vaccumed furnace with extraction.
The furnace programmation is very easy and intuitive. You can create programs with many segments with and without gas flow.
Booking is required to use the tool, login is not yet available.
Please fill the logbook for every runs.
II. How to operate the furnace
- Turn ON the furnace
- Open the in and out water cooling on the back of the furnace
- Switch on the pump if vacuum is rquired in the process
- Open the chamber lid
- Place your sample in the chamber (147mm x 217mm x height 40mm)
figure 1: samples loading
- Close the chamber lid (it sealed automatically),
- If necessary open the N2 and/or the forming gas valves placed on the right edge of the furnace (figure 2). If you need forming gas open the gas cylinder placed near the sink (figure 3). Please fill the loogbook with the remaining gas pressure in the cylinder (0-200bars).
figure 2: gas and water valves
- Open the furnace software called WinATVNT
- Load an existing recipe or create a new one. You can select vacuum, gas flow (flow1: forming gas, flow2: N2) or nothing for every segment (figure 4).
figure 3: recipe example
- Save the program
- Send the program to the furnace memory slot (select a number between 0 and 9)
- Start the program (choose the selected memory slot) and click yes
Before the program starts the system ask you to aknowledge the process monitoring.
When the recipe starts you can read all the relevant information on the furnace dispaly (figure 6 shows selected program, segment number, time remaining, temperature and gas flow).
You can also access to the furnace information on the software with the data acquisition (figure 7).
At the end of the process:
- Make sure the run passed successfully
- before opening the chamber make sure the temperature is lower than 80°C
- Unload the sample(s) carefully
- Close the chamber carefully
- Close gas and water valves if relevent
- Switch off the pump if relevent
- Switch off the furnace
- Close the furnace software and switch off the monitor