- Oven dedicated to polyimide fulle curing
- Maximum temperature: 300°C
- Carriers for 100mm and 150mm wafers
- Piece parts allowed
- Nitrogen circulation
- Location: Zone 2
- Only the login time using with N2 flow on (green light on) is charges
- Logout is possible only if N2 is off (green light off)
There are 3 different possible working modes:
- Reguation mode (mode = 0): a temperature setting is defined with 2 tresholds (A1: high temp treshold and A2: low temp treshold).
- Timing mode: oven can be switched ON after a certain time in mode tf0 (maximum waiting time 99h59min), or oven can remain ON during a certain time in mode tf1.
- Program mode (mode = Pr1): a program is created with a maximum 9 slots.
The temperature setting can be higher than 300°C to avoid triggering the safety interlock.
Figure 1: tool panel display
II. Oven working modes
Oven switch ON
- Autotest “88 8888” during 5s
- Tp real temperature display on the right side
- To know the setting temperature (SP) push:
- 0: oven is in temperature mode regulation
- 1: oven is in program mode
- 2: oven is in program with an external setting
3. Regulation mode
Every time you push this button , it displays the following informtions: temperature setpoint (SP), A1 and A2 alarm tresholds, and real temperature. If you keep pressing it, you can change the setting with digit up .
A1 and A2 tresholds are adjustable. When temperature is higher than A1 there is a white line close to A1, like showing here , same when temperature is lower than A2.
2. Timing mode
There are 2 different modes:
- tf0: regulation is off during the time
- tf1: regulation is active during the time.
3. Program mode
It is the most important mode we use for polyimide full curing or parylene crystallization (stabilization).
|n||number of steps|
|r||number of resume (= 0 makes the program only once, = 1 makes the program twice…)|
|P0||starting temp for step 1|
|E1||time to reach P1|
|P1||target temp at the end of step 1|
Start the program:
- when programator is ON, the left display show the Tp program temperature
- when prog 0 is selected, you need the press simultaneously .
At the end of the program Tp symbole is shown and system is ready to start again.
III. Standard process in CMi
|N||3||number of steps|
|R||0||run the program only once|
|T1||60min||1st step duration|
|P1||200°C||target temp of the 1st step|
|T2||60min||2nd step duration|
|P2||200°C||target temp of the 2nd step|
|T3||60min||3rd step duration|
|P3||300°C||target temp of the 3rd step|
Table 1: polyimide full curing process
IV. How to operate
- Zone 2 computer login on the Heraeus oven
- Turn the switch ON . Select the useful mode (0, 1 or 2). Check and modify the program if necessary. Load the wafers inside the oven and start the program.
- N2 flow starts only when oven temperature is higher than the manual setting
- At the end of the program, unload wafers, switch OFF the oven and logout with zone 2 computer.