I. Introduction ↑
The VACO 250 is an equipment allowing the deposition of metallic or dielectric layers on 100 mm wafers by evaporation.
This method involves evaporating a material placed either in a crucible heated up by an electron beam or a boat heated up by Joule effect.
II. Equipment description ↑
Capability of the equipment
The substrate holder can receive 3 x 100 mm wafers.
The Vacotec is equipped with 3 boats for Joule-Effect evaporation.
Film thickness measurement
The film thickness is determined by following the change in frequency of a quartz crystal. This change is due to the growing mass of material on top of its surface. Thanks to some calibrations, the variation can be related to the thickness of the film deposited.
- 1 x Quartz scale for the evaporation by Joule effect.
The system is equipped with:
- Primary dry pump: Alcatel – Pascal 2010 SD
- Turbomolecular pump: Alcatel – PTM 5400 Turbo.
The pressure in the system is measured by:
- 1 x Gauge Full Range: Balzers – PKR 250
III. How to use the system ↑
All the actions to operate the system are detailed in the user manual.
Different type of boats can be ordered through CMi interface.
IV. Restrictions & Precautions ↑
- Allowed substrates are Silicon, Sapphire, Glass (Quartz, Pyrex, Float). For any other substrates please confirm with CMi staff.