The complete list of publications and conferences can be downloaded here.
Chmiel HE, Hofmann H, Sobek S, Efremova T, and Pasche N (in press): Where does the river end? Drivers of spatiotemporal variability in CO2 concentration and flux in the inflow area of a large boreal lake. Limnology and Oceanography. https://doi.org/10.1002/lno.11378
Subetto D, Rybalko A, Strakhovenko V, Belkina N, Tokarev M, Potakhin M , Aleshin M , Belyaev P, Dubois N, Kuznetzov V, Korost D, Loktev A, Shalaeva N, Kiskina A, Kostromina N, Kublitskiy Y and Orlov A (2020): Structure of Late Pleistocene and Holocene Sediments in the Petrozavodsk Bay, Lake Onego (NW Russia). Minerals 964, https://doi.org/10.3390/min10110964
Lepori, F., Capelli, C. (2020): Effects of phosphorus control on primary productivity and deep-water oxygenation: insights from Lake Lugano (Switzerland and Italy). Hydrobiologia. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-020-04467-9
Peeters, F., J. Encinas Fernandez, H. Hofmann (2020): Reply for comment on “on the calculation of lake metabolic rates: Diel O2 and 18/16O technique” by Peeters et al. [Water research 165 2019,114990]. Water Research 180, 115849. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2020.115849
Gabriel Cotte, Torsten W. Vennemann (2020): Mixing of Rhône River water in Lake Geneva: Seasonal tracing using stable isotope composition of water. Journal of Great Lakes Research 46 (4), 839-849. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jglr.2020.05.015
Isabel Kiefer, Thomas Steinsberger, Alfred Wüest and Beat Müller (2020): Sauerstoffzehrung in Seen, Aqua & Gas, 100(7/8), 62-70. here
Odermatt D., J. Runnalls, J. Sturm, A. Damm (2020): SenCast: Copernicus – Satellitendaten auf Knopfdruck. Geomatik Schweiz 9. here.
Inland Waters 2019, Volume 9, Issue 2: Life under Ice in Lake Onego (Russia) – an interdisciplinary winter limnology study:
- Wüest A, Pasche N, Ibelings BW, Sharma S, and Filatov NN: Life under ice in Lake Onego (Russia) – an interdisciplinary winter limnology study. 9(2): 125-129. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2019.1634450
- Filatov NN, Baklagin V, Efremova TA, Nazarova L, and Palshin N: Climate changes on the watersheds of lakes Onego and Ladoga based on the remote sensing and in-situ data. 9(2): 130-141. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2018.1533355
- Bouffard D, Zdorovennova GE, Bogdanov S, Efremova TA, Lavanchy S, Palshin N, Terzhevik AY, Råman Vinnå L, Volkov S, Wüest A, Zdorovennov RE, and Ulloa HN: Under-ice convection dynamics in a boreal lake. 9(2): 142-161. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2018.1533356
- Pasche N, Hofmann H, Bouffard D, Schubert C, Lozovik PA, and Sobek S: Implications of river intrusion and convective mixing on the spatial and temporal variability of under-ice CO2. 9(2): 162-176. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2019.1568073
- Bogdanov S, Zdorovennova GE, Volkov S, Zdorovennov RE, Palshin N, Efremova TA, Terzhevik AY, and Bouffard D: Structure and dynamics of convective mixing in Lake Onego under ice-covered conditions. 9(2): 177-192. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2018.1551655
- Suarez EL, Tiffay M-C, Kalinkina N, Tchekryzheva T, Sharov A, Tekanova E, Syarki M, Zdorovennov RE, Makarova E, Mantzouki E, Venail P, and Ibelings BW: Diurnal variation in the convection-driven vertical distribution of phytoplankton under ice and after ice-off in large Lake Onego (Russia). 9(2): 193-204. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2018.1559582
- Thomas C, Frossard V, Perga M-E, Tofield-Pasche N, Hofmann H, Dubois N, Belkina NA, Robert S, and Lyautey E: Lateral variations and vertical structure of the microbial methane cycle in the sediment of Lake Onego (Russia). 9(2): 205-226. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2018.1500227
- Efremova TA, Sabylina AV, Lozovik PA, Slaveykova VI, Zobkova MV, and Pasche N: Seasonal and spatial variation in hydrochemical parameters of Lake Onego (Russia): insights from 2016 field monitoring. 9(2): 227-238. https://doi.org/10.1080/20442041.2019.1568097
Peeters F, Hofmann H, and Fernandez JE (2019): On the calculation of lake metabolic rates: diel O2 and 18/16O technique. Water Research 165: 114990, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2019.114990
Ulloa HN, Winters KB, Wüest A, and Bouffard D (2019): Differential heating drives downslope flows that accelerate mixed-layer warming in ice-covered waters. Geophysical Research Letters 46:13872-13882. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019GL085258
Worms IAM, Chmiel HE, Traber J, Tofield-Pasche N, and Slaveykova VI (2019): Dissolved organic matter and associated trace metal dynamics from river to lake, under ice-covered and ice-free conditions. Environmental Science & Technology 53(24): 14,134-14,143. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.9b02184
Shinkareva GL, Lychagin MY, Tarasov MK, Pietron J, Chichaeva MA, Chalov SR (2019): Biogeochemical specialization of macrophytes and their role as a biofilter in
the Selenga Delta. Geography, Environment, Sustainability 12(3): 240-263. https://doi.org/10.24057/2071-9388-2019-103
Nouchi V, Kutser T, Wüest A, Odermatt D, Baracchini T, and Bouffard D (2019): Resolving biogeochemical processes in lakes using remote sensing. Aquatic Sciences 81: 27. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-019-0626-3
Barbieux K (2018): Pushbroom Hyperspectral Data Orientation by Combining Feature-Based and Area-Based Co-Registration Techniques. Remote Sensing 10(4): 645. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs10040645
Barbieux K, Charitsi A, and Merminod B (2018): Icy lakes extraction and water-ice classification using Landsat 8 OLI multispectral data. International Journal of Remote Sensing 39(11): 3646-3678. https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161.2018.1447165
Nouchi V, Odermatt D, Wüest A, and Bouffard.D (2018): Effects of non-uniform vertical constituent profiles on remote sensing reflectance of oligo- to mesotrophic lakes. European Journal of Remote Sensing 51(1): 808–821. https://doi.org/10.1080/22797254.2018. 1493360
Tarasov MK, and Tutubalina OV (2018): Estimating the Water Turbidity in the Selenga River and Adjacent Waters of Lake Baikal Using Remote Sensing Data. Izvestiya, Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics 54: 1353–1362. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0001433818090372
Ulloa HN, Wüest A, and Bouffard D (2018): Mechanical energy budget and mixing efficiency for radiatively heated ice-covered waterbody. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 852: R1. https://doi.org/10.1017/jfm.2018.587
Volkov S, Bogdanov S, Zdorovennov RE, Zdorovennova GE, Terzhevik AY, Palshin NN, Bouffard D, and Kirillin G (2018): Fine scale structure of convective mixed layer in ice-covered lakes. Environmental Fluid Mechanics 19 (3): 751–764. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10652-018-9652-2
Palshin NI, and Efremova TV (2017): Thermal structure of the lakes of the North-West of Russia during the freeze-up period. Geography and Natural Resources 38(2): 147-153. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1875372817020056
Bouffard D, Zdorovennov RE, Zdorovennova GE, Pasche N, Wüest A, and Terzhevik AY (2016): Ice-covered Lake Onega: effects of radiation on convection and internal waves. Hydrobiologia 780: 21-36. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-016-2915-3
Filatov NN, Viruchalkina TY, Dianskiyc NA, Nazarovaa LE, and Sinukovich VN (2016): Intrasecular variability in the level of the largest lakes of Russia. Doklady Earth Sciences 467: 393–397. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1028334X16040097
Chalov S, Thorslund J, Kasimov N, Aybullatov D, Ilyicheva E, Karthe D, Kositsky A, Lychagin M, Nittrouer J, Pavlov M, Pietron J, Shinkareva G, Tarasov M, Garmaev E, Akhtman Y, and Jarsjö J (2016): The Selenga River delta: a geochemical barrier protecting Lake Baikal waters. Regional Environmental Change 17, 2039–2053. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10113-016-0996-1
Arwatz G, Fan Y, Bahri C, and Hultmark M (2015): Development and characterization of a nano-scale temperature probe (T-NSTAP) for turbulent temperature measurement. Measurement Science and Technology 26(3): 035103. doi:10.1088/0957-0233/26/3/035103
Carbajo Fuertes F, Iungo GV, and Porté-Agel F (2014): 3D turbulence measurements using three synchronous wind lidars: validation against sonic anemometry. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 31(7): 1549-1556. https://doi.org/10.1175/JTECH-D-13-00206.1
Markfort CD, Porté-Agel F, and Stefan HG (2014): Canopy-wake dynamics and wind sheltering effects on Earth surface fluxes. Environmental Fluid Mechanics 14(3): 663-697. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10652-013-9313-4
Aquatic Science, Volume 76, Issue 1 Supplement, June 2014: éLEMO – investigations using MIR submersibles in Lake Geneva:
- Wüest A, Anselmetti FS, Arey JS, Ibelings BW, Loizeau JL, Vennemann T, and Lemmin U (2014): Into the abyss of Lake Leman – interdisciplinary field investigations using the MIR submersibles. 76(1): 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-014-0353-8
- Hoerger CC, Akhtman Y, Martelletti L, Rutler R, Bonvin F, Grange A, Arey JS, and Kohn T (2014): Spatial extent and ecotoxicological risk assessment of a micropollutant-contaminated wastewater plume in Lake Leman. 76(1): 7-19. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0315-6
- Gascon Diez E, Bravo AG, Porta N, Masson M, Graham ND, Stoll S, Akhtman Y, Amouroux D, and Loizeau JL (2014): Influence of a wastewater treatment plant on mercury contamination and sediment characteristics in Vidy Bay (Lake Geneva, Switzerland). 76(1): 21-32. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0325-4
- Sauvain L, Bueche M, Junier T, Masson M, Wunderlin T, Kohler-Milleret R, Gascon Diez E, Loizeau JL, Tercier-Waeber ML, and Junier P (2014): Bacterial communities in trace metal contaminated lake sediments are dominated by endospore-forming bacteria. 76(1): 33-46. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0313-8
- Masson M and Tercier-Waeber ML (2014): Trace metal speciation at the sediment-water interface of the Vidy Bay: influence of contrasting sediment characteristics. 76(1): 47-58. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0323-6
- Razmi AM, Barry DA, Lemmin U, Bonvin F, Kohn T, and Bakhtyar R (2014): Direct effects of dominant winds on residence and travel times in a wide and open lacustrine embayment: Vidy Bay (Lake Geneva, Switzerland). 76(1): 59-71. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0321-8
- Corella JP, Arantegui A, Loizeau JL, Del Sontro T, Le Dantec N, Stark N, Anselmetti FS, and Girardclos S (2014): Sediment dynamics in the subaquatic channel of the Rhone Delta (Lake Geneva, France/Switzerland). 76(1): 73-87. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0309-4
- Sollberger S, Corella JP, Girardclos S, Randlett ME, Schubert CJ, Senn D, Wehrli B, and Del Sontro T (2014): Spatial heterogeneity of benthic methane dynamics in the subaquatic canyons of the Rhone River Delta (Lake Geneva). 76(1): 89-101. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0319-2
- Wunderlin T, Corella JP, Junier T, Bueche M, Loizeau JL, Girardclos S, and Junier P (2014): Endospore-forming bacteria as new proxies to assess impact of eutrophication in Lake Geneva (Switzerland-France). 76(1): 103-116. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00027-013-0329-0
Arwatz G, Bahri C, Smits AJ, and Hultmark M (2013): Dynamic calibration and modeling of a cold wire for temperature measurement. Measurement Science and Technology (24): 125301. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/24/12/125301
Other publications and proceedings
Cotte G and Vennemann T (2020): Processes driving nutrient dispersion in Lake Geneva during the stratification period (study using the LéXPLORE platform). Chapter from PhD thesis at UNIL.
Syarki MT, and Fomina Yu Yu (2019): Zooplankton of Lake Onego in its central part and Bolshoe Onego bay in years with different temperature conditions. Transactions of the Karelian Research Centre of the Russian Academy of Science 9:104-115. (in Russian with English summary).
Schill F, Bahr A, and Martinoli A (2018): Vertex: a new distributed underwater robotic platform for environmental monitoring. In Groß R et al. (eds) Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems. Springer Proceedings in Advanced Robotic 6: 679-693. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73008-0_47
Bouffard D, Ulloa HN, Zdorovennov RE, Zdorovennova GE, Volkov S, Bogdanov S, Terzhevik AY, and Wüest A (2017): Boundary layer under an ice-covered lake. Proceedings of 20th Workshop on Physical Processes in Natural Waters, Hyytiälä, Finland, 21-25 August 2017, p. 15-17.
Kouraev AV, Zakharova E, Filatov NN, Baklagin S, Barbieux KS, Merminod B, Pozdnyakov DV, and Kondrik DA (2017): Multiscale multispectral remote sensing of ice cover in Lakes Onego and Ladoga using a combination of spaceborne, aerial drone and ground-based measurements. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference “Lakes of Eurasia: Problems and solutions”, Petrozavodsk, Russia, 11–15 September 2017.
Efremova TV and Palshin NI (2017): Ice phenology and thermal structure lakes of North-Western Russia during the ice cover period (long-term observational data). Proceedings of the 1st International Conference “Lakes of Eurasia: Problems and solutions”, Petrozavodsk, Russia, 11–15 September 2017.
Zdorovennov RE, Mitrokhov AV, Palshin NI, Volkov SY, and Terzhevik AY (2017): Methods for conducting hydrophysical measurements in ice-covered lakes. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference “Lakes of Eurasia: Problems and solutions”, Petrozavodsk, Russia. 11–15 September 2017.
Filatov NN, Diansky N, Golosov S, Ibraev R, Viriuchalkina T, and Zverev I (2017): The integrated study of the current state of the hydrological regime and water ecosystems of Russia’s largest (great) lakes. Proceedings of the 3rd Pan-Eurasian Experiment (PEEX) Conference and the 7th PEEX Meeting, Moscow Russia, 19-24 September, p.116-117. https://www.atm.helsinki.fi/peex/index.php/peex-conference-proceedings
Menshutkin V and Filatov N (2017): Models of Lake Ladoga based on three-dimensional cellular automata. Transactions of the Karelian Research Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences 3: 93-102 (In Russian with English summary). http://dx.doi.org/10.17076/lim582
Belkina N (2017: Quantitative and qualitative composition of organic matter and its transformation in a surface layer of Lake Onego sediment. Transactions of the Karelian Research Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences 3: 64-71 (In Russian with English summary). http://dx.doi.org/10.17076/lim467
Syarki M and Fomina Y (2017): Zooplankton of Petrozavodskaya Bay of Onego Lake in under-ice period. Proceedings of Petrozavodsk State University 6(167): 90-95.
Makarova EM, and Tekanova EV (2016): Seasonal dynamics of microbiological parameters in Petrozavodsk Rivers. Proceedings of the 5th International Young Scientists Conference. p 124-128 (in Russian with English summary). Petrozavodsk, Russia, 5–8 September.
Fomina YuYu, Syarki MT (2016): Seasonal dynamics of microbiological parameters in Petrozavodsk Rivers. Proceedings of the 5th International Young Scientists Conference. p 129-133 (in Russian with English summary). Petrozavodsk, Russia, 5–8 September.
Menshutkin VV and Filatov NN (2016): A model of under-ice ecological system of a large lake based on the application of cellular automata. Proceedings of Karelian Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Series of Limnology 5: 76–87 (in Russian with English summary). http://dx.doi.org/10.17076/lim329
Barbieux KS (2016): Calibration of airborne water reflectance measurements. SPIE – remote sensing. http://spie.org/newsroom/6734-calibration-of-airborne-water-reflectance-measurements
Barbieux KS, Nouchi V, and Merminod B (2016): Airborne hyperspectral sensor radiometric self-calibration using near-infrared properties of deep water and vegetation. Proceedings from SPIE volume 9999, Remote Sensing of the Ocean, Sea Ice, Coastal Waters, and Large Water Regions 2016, 99990M (19 October 2016). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2241251
Barbieux K, Constantin D, and Merminod B (2016): Correction of airbone pushbroom images orientation using bundle adjustment of frame images. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XLI-B3, XXIII ISPRS Congress. Prague, Czech Republic, 12–19 July 2016.
Kouraev AV, Zakharova EA, Naumenko MA, Shimaraev MN, Kostianoy AG, Hall NMJ, Suknev AY, and Remy F (2016): Ice regime of Eurasian lakes and internal seas. Proceedings of the XVI Glaciological Symposium «Past, present, and future of the Earth cryosphere», St. Petersburg, Russia, 24-29 May 2016.
Kouraev AV, Zakharova EA, Naumenko MN, Shimaraev MN, Kostianoy AG, Suknev AY, Filatov NN, and Remy F (2016): Ice cover of Eurasian water bodies in a changing climate from satellite and in situ observations. Proceedings of the ESA Living Planet Symposium, Prague, Czech Republic, 9-13 May 2016.
Karthe D, Chalov S, Kasimov N, and Kappas M (2016): The Selenga Baikal basin: an ecoregion of global importance. In Karthe D, Chalov S, Kasimov N and Kappas M (eds) Water and environment in the Selenga-Baikal Basin. Columbia University Press.
Ivanov (2015): Lake Ladoga: life under ice. Interplay of under-ice processes by global change. A Russian-Swiss multi-disciplinary project. In Russian Polar Investigations 2(20): 40-42 (in Russian).
Filatov NN, and Terzhevik AY (2015): Joint Russian-Swiss project investigations of winter regime of Lakes Ladoga and Onego. Proceedings of Karelian Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Series of Limnology 5: 86-89 (in Russian with English Summary).
Akhtman Y, Constantin D, Rehak M, Nouchi V, Shinkareva G, Bouffard D, Pasche N, Chalov S, Lemmin U, and Merminod B (2014): Télédétection multi-échelle des lacs depuis un aéronef ultraléger motorisé. Géomatique Suisse 9: 395-398.
18th Swiss Geoscience Meeting. Virtual, Zürich, 6-7 November 2020:
Bouffard Damien, Tofield-Pasche Natacha and Döring Michael chaired the session: Limnology in Switzerland and the new LéXPLORE infrastructure with the following presentations:
Cannata M, Strigaro D, Lepori F, Capelli C, Veronesi M, Rogora M, Brovelli M, Magni D: SIMILE: An integrated monitoring system to understand, protect and manage sub-alpine lakes and their ecosystem
Chmiel HE, Fernandez Castro B, Minaudo M, Krishna S, Perolo P, Rasconi S, Wüest A: Summer primary and ecosystem production in Lake Geneva diagnosed from high-resolution in situ oxygen measurements
Cotte G, Vennemann T: Nutrient cycling at the LéXPLORE platform of Lake Geneva, Switzerland.
dos Santos Correia F, Ray A, Fillion R, Spaak P, van de Waal D, Ibelings B.W: Trophic bottlenecks in Lake Geneva
Fernandez Castro B, Bouffard D, Troy C, Piccolroaz S, Lavanchy S, Chmiel HE, Ulloa HN, Sepúlveda Steiner O, Wüest A: Seasonality of the mechanical energy budget in a large lake: Lake Geneva (Switzerland-France)
Irani Rahaghi A, Minaudo C, Damm A, Odermatt D: Can the bio-optical stratification in a large lake be estimated using temperature profiles and meteorological data.
Krishna S, Ulloa H N, Kerimoglu O, Minaudo C, Anneville O, Wüest A: Model-based data analysis of the effect of winter mixing on primary production in a lake under reoligotrophication.
Minaudo C, Odermatt D, Bouffard D, Irani Rahaghi A, Lavanchy S, Wüest A: Diel patterns in water inherent optical properties of Lake Geneva and their physical and biogeochemical drivers
Odermatt D, Minaudo D, Kesselring J, Runnalls J, Wüest A: Satellite Earth observation products for lake research
Pasche N, Bouffard D, Guillard J, Ibelings B, Lavanchy S, Perga M-E, Wüest A: LéXPLORE – the novel platform for Léman exploration
Rüegg J, Perga M-E, Lane S: Does mixing of stream and lake water create mini-estuaries in lotic-lentic transition zones?
Safin A, Bouffard D, Ramón CL, Runnalls J, Ozdemir F, Georgatos F, Tagasovska N, Minaudo C, Šukys J: A comprehensive Bayesian data assimilation platform for a 3D hydrodynamic model of Lake Geneva
Tardif M, Rey S, Ribi S, Arabadzhiev I, Ibelings B, Pomati F, Bellouard Y: Optofluidic sensor for in-situ monitoring of phytoplankton in Lake Geneva
Worms I, Slaveykova V: Characterization of dissolved organic matter (DOM) by asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation with multidetection (AF4-MD) and its potential applications to investigate dynamic of changes in DOM composition and properties occuring in the freshwater continuum
Bouffard D, Runnalls J, Baracchini T, Bouillet E, Chmiel HE, Doda T, Fernández Castro B, Georgatos F, Lavanchy S, Minaudo C, Ozdemir F, Odermatt D, Perga M-E, Perolo P, Piccolroaz S, Plüss M, Råman Vinnå L, Schmid M, Safin A, Šukys J, Tran-Khac V, Ulloa HN, Ramón CL, Wüest A: Datalakes, a data platform for Swiss lakes
Råman Vinnå L, Wirth S: Assessing pockmark activity in lakes under influence of drainage area processes
Doda T, Ramón CL, Ulloa HN, Brennwald MS, Kipfer R, Schubert C, Wüest A, Bouffard D: Lateral transport of dissolved gases by cooling-driven density currents in a small temperate lake
Escoffier N, Perolo P, Lambert T, Rüegg J, Odermatt D, Adatte T, Vennemann T, Perga M-E: Triggers of whiting events in Lake Geneva
Foroughan M, Lemmin U, Barry DA: Signatures of coherent flow structures in the atmospheric surface layer over Lake Geneva
Gallorini A, Loizeau J-L: MetOxiC: Methylmercury in Oxic water Column
Haltiner L, Dennis SR, Spaak P: Life in the deep: colonisation by Dreissena along a depth gradient
Maner J, Drieschner C, Ebi C, Schönenberger R, Angst L, Bloem S, Solsona M, Renaud P, Schirmer K: RAINBOWflow CHIPonline: A fish cell-based impedance sensor to monitor water quality
Perolo P, Fernandez-Castro B, Escoffier N, Lambert T, Bouffard D, Perga M-E: Wave breaking integration for predicting air-water gas exchange in large lake
Piccolroaz S, Fernandez Castro B, Chmiel HE, Wüest A: Lake-atmosphere CO2 fluxes in Lake Geneva: disentangling the role of physical and biological processes in affecting diel and seasonal patterns
Schmid M, Dami J, Bouffard D: Lake temperature monitoring – temporal and vertical resolutions required for observing climate change impacts
Bouffard D: Datalakes, a data platform for lakes. GLEON 21.5. Virtual Meeting, 22 October 2020. Keynote presentation.
Tofield-Pasche N: LéXPLORE: Exploration du Léman. Société Vaudoise de Sciences Naturelles. Palais de Rumine, Lausanne, 7 October 2020. Public Presentation.
Fernandez Castro B, Troy C, Doda T, Chmiel HE, Minaudo C, Ulloa HN, Serra L, Sepúlveda-Steiner O, Bouffard D, Wüest A: Seasonality of the mechanical energy budget in a large lake, Lake Geneva (Switzerland-France). Workshop on Physical Processes in Natural Waters 2020. Online meeting, 15-18 June 2020. Oral presentation.
Ulloa HN, Winters KB, Wüest A, and Bouffard D: Topographic effect on the rate of heating of radiatively-forced ice-covered waterbodies. AGU Ocean Science Meeting 2019. San Diego, USA, 16-21 February 2019.
Ulloa HN, Winters KB, Hames O, Wüest A, and Bouffard D: Circulation and energy distribution in radiatively-heated ice-covered waterbodies: the role of topography. EGU General Assembly 2019: EGU2019-9397. Vienna, Austria, 7-12 April 2019.
Chmiel HE, Minaudo C, Perolo P, Krishna S, Ulloa HN, Perga M-E, and Wüest A: Spatiotemporal high-resolution data provide new insights on primary production in Lake Geneva (Switzerland). EGU General Assembly 2019: EGU2019-15679. Vienna, Austria, 7-12 April 2019.
Minaudo C, Ulloa HN, Chmiel HE, Bouffard D, Baracchini T, Odermatt D, Wüest A: High-resolution scanning of the optical water column properties of a large lake: interplay between biological and physical processes. EGU General Assembly 2019: EGU2019-15855. Vienna, Austria, 7-12 April 2019.
Krishna S, Kerimoglu O, Lepori F, Anneville O, and Wüest A: Coupled 1D physical-biogeochemical model system to simulate primary production in Lake Geneva. EGU General Assembly 2019: EGU2019-18644. Vienna, Austria, 7-12 April 2019.
Kouraev AV, Zakharova EA, Rémy F, Shimaraev MN, Kostianoy AG, Zdorovennov RE, and Suknev AY: Ice cover and associated water dynamics of Eurasian lakes from satellite and in situ observations. 2nd International conference Lakes of Eurasia: Problems and solutions. Kazan, Russia, 20-25 May 2019.
Slaveykova VI, Moulin E, Regier N, Kavanagh K, and Worms IAM: Refractory components of dissolved organic matter from Lake Onega (Russia) protect phytoplankton from Hg. 14th International Conference on Mercury as a Global Pollutant (ICMGP 2019). Krakow, Poland, 7-13 September 2019.
Big Lakes – Small World’: ELLS-IAGLR-2018. Evian, France, 23-28 September 2018:
- LIMNC chaired the special session I1: Challenging the cold: advances in winter limnology of large lakes under climate change with the following presentations:
- Vincent W: Winter limnology across latitudes: will climate change make a difference?
- Sapna S, Magnuson JJ, Batt R, Blagrave K, Magee M, Oliver S, O’Reilly C, Straile D, Weyhenmeyer G, Winslow L, and Woolway RI: Losing lake ice: impacts of climate change on extreme no-freeze ice events in Northern Hemisphere lakes.
- Kheyrollah H, Bocaniov S, and Van P: Effects of winter conditions on chlorophyll and temperature in lakes: detection and attribution of climate change signal.
- Wells M, Yang B, and Young J: Winter is not a reset on lake conditions: variability in under-ice convection influences both oxygen levels and duration of spring overturn.
- McKay RM, Collier K, Rozmarynowycz M, Bullerjahn G, and Watson S: Phytoplankton and bacterial community dynamics and seasonal connectivity in response to extreme winter conditions affecting two large north-temperate lakes.
- Zdorovennov RE, and Kouraev AV: Ice conditions and organisation of scientific work on ice-covered lakes.
- Bogdanov S, Volkov S, Zdorovennov RE, Terzhevik AY, Efremova TA, Zdorovennova GE, Palshin N, and Bouffard D: Large scale structure of radiatively – driven convection under ice.
- Forrest A, Ulloa H, and Laval B: Scaling under-ice convective plumes.
- Belkina NA, Thomas C, Dubois N, Ariztegui D, Chmiel HE, Pasche N, Kulik N, and Sidorova A: Organic matter degradation in sediments of Lake Onego.
- Ulloa HN, Wüest A and Bouffard D: Mechanical energy budget and mixing efficiency in an ice-covered and radiatively-forced freshwater basin.
- Filatov NN, Baklagin V, Efremova TA, Nazarova N, and Palshin N: Climate change on the watersheds and hydrological features of lakes Onego and Ladoga based on remote sensing and in situ data.
- Chmiel HE, Hofmann H, Sobek S, Efremova TA, and Pasche N: Spatiotemporal variability in CO2 distribution and gas exchange in the inflow area of a large boreal lake.
- Perga M-E, Syarki M, Spangenberg J, Frossard V, Kalinkina N, and Bouffard D: Zooplankton feeding and overwintering strategies under lake ice.
- Suarez EL, Tiffay M-C, Kalinkina N, Tchekryzheva T, Sharov A, Tekanova E, Syarki M, Zdorovennov RE, Makarova E, Mantzouki E, Venail P, and Ibelings B: Diurnal variation in the convection-driven vertical distribution of phytoplankton under ice and after ice-off in large Lake Onego (Russia).
- Vereshchagina K, Kondrateva E, Axenov-Gribanov D, Madyarova E, and Timofeyev M: Adaptation to cold as a possible key to the uniqueness of Lake Baikal endemic amphipods.
- Volkov S, Bogdanov S, Terzhevik AY, Zdorovennova GE, Zdorovennov RE and Kirillin G: On ADCP capabilities of estimating turbulence parameters in fine-scale and energy-containing ranges.
- Kalinkina N, Filatov N, Tekanova E, and Georgiev A: The current brownification processes in the nearshore part of Lake Onego (Russia).
- Kalinkina N, Syarki M, and Sharov A: The plankton state under ice-cover large oligotrophic lake. Poster.
- Efremova TA, Sabylina AV, Lozovik PA, Slaveykova VI, Zobkova MV, and Pasche N: Seasonal and spatial patterns of hydrochemical variables in Lake Onego (Russia): insights form 2016 campaigns.
Mischa H, Ajallooeian FA, Belkina NA, Subetto D, and Dubois N: From plowing to grazing: an example of land-use relaxation and its effect on soil stabilization and the recovery of Lake Lavijärvi, Russia Karelia. IPA-IAL Conference. Stockholm, Sweden, 18-21 June 2018. Poster.
Filatov NN and Regerand TI: Restoration of Eutrophic Lakes: Current Practices and Future Challenges. Lahti Lakes 2018. Lahti, Finland, 4-6 June 2018.
Volkov S, Zdorovennova GE, Zdorovennov RE, Efremova TA, Palshin N, Terzhevik AY, Bouffard D, Bogdanov S: Radiatively driven under-ice convection: the impact of lake depth. 21st Workshop on Physical Processes in Natural Waters. Solothurn, Switzerland, 20-24 August 2018.
Filatov NN: Present-day state and changes of the largest lakes of Europe: problems and solutions. Freshwater ecosystems – key problems. Irkutsk, Russia, 10-14 September 2018.
Tofield-Pasche N: The Limnology Center – an attractive research partner with new technologies. Baikal International Ecological Water Forum. Irkutsk, Russia, 19-21 September 2018.
Chmiel HE, Hoffmann H, Sobek S, and Pasche N: Where does the river end? Drivers of spatiotemporal dynamics in CO2 distribution and gas exchange in a large humic lake. ASLO 2018 Summer Meeting. Victoria, Canada, 10-15 June 2018.
Irani Rahaghi A, Lemmin U, Bouffard D, Riffler M, Wunderle S, and Barry DA: Small-scale and mesoscale lake surface water temperature structure: thermography and in situ measurements from Lake Geneva, Switzerland. EGU General Assembly: EGU2017-16566. Vienna, Austria, 23-28 April 2017.
Thomas C, Perga M-E, Frossard V, Pasche N, Hofmann H, Ariztegui D, Dubois N, Belkina NA, and Lyautey E: Vertical structure and horizontal variations in the cycling of methane in the sediment of Lake Onego, Russia. EGU General Assembly: EGU2017-12408. Vienna, Austria, 23-28 April 2017. Poster.
Haas M, Belkina NA, Subetto D, and Dubois N: How politics shape agricultural landscapes: the plant wax record of Lake Lavijärvi, Russia Karelia. PAGES 5th Open Science Meeting. Zaragoza, Spain, 7-9 May 2017. Poster.
Bouffard D, Ulloa HN, Zdorovennov RE, Zdorovennova GE, Volkov S, Bogdanov S, Terzhevik AY and Wüest A: Effects of solar radiation on convective plumes and internal waves in ice covered lake. 20th Workshop on Physical Processes in Natural Waters. Hyytiälä, Finland, 21-25 August 2017.
1st International Conference “Lakes of Eurasia: Problems and solutions”. Petrozavodsk, Russia, 11–15 September 2017:
- Efremova TV, and Palshin N: Ice phenology and thermal structure lakes of north-western Russia during the ice cover period (long-term observational data).
- Filatov NN: Current problems of forecasting hydrological regime and changes of ecosystem lake of Eurasia.
- Kouraev AV, Zakharova E, Filatov NN, Baklagin S, Barbieux K, Merminod B, Pozdnyakov DV, and Kondrik DA: Multiscale multispectral remote sensing of ice cover in Lakes Onego and Ladoga using a combination of spaceborne, aerial drone and ground-based measurements.
- Zdorovennov RE, Mitrokhov AV, Palshin NI, Volkov SY, Terzhevik AY: Methods for conducting hydrophysical measurements in ice-covered lakes.
Haas M, Belkina NA, Subetto D, and Dubois N: How politics shape agricultural landscapes: the plant wax record of Lake Lavijärvi, Russia Karelia. 15th Swiss Geoscience Meeting. Davos, Switzerland, 17-18 November 2017. Poster.
Filatov NN, Diansky N, Ibraev R, and Viriuchalkina T: Eurasian great lakes: diagnosis and prediction of the water level fluctuations under climate changes and anthropogenic impacts. 2nd Pan-Eurasian Experiment (PEEX) Conference and the 6th PEEX Meeting. Beijing, China, 8-20 May 2016. ISBN 978-952-7091-46-3, p148.
Subetto DA, Belkina NA, Kalinkina NM, Borodulina GS, Sidorova AI, Tarasov AU, Potakhin MS, Zobkov MB, Filatov NN, Bogdanova MS, Baklagin VN, Litvinenko AV, Shelekhova TS, Fomina UU, and Lavrova NB: The project “Lake Onego and its watershed: geological history anthropogenic transformation and current state”, preliminary results. 2nd Pan-Eurasian Experiment (PEEX) Conference and the 6th PEEX Meeting. Beijing, China, 8-20 May 2016. ISBN 978-952-7091-46-3, p 458.
Thomas C, Lyautey E, Ariztegui D, Bouffard D, Dubois N, Frossard V, Tofield-Pasche N, Perga M-E and Life under ice scientific team: Life under the ice: microbial ecology and biogeochemical cycling in the seasonally-covered Lake Onego, Russia. Goldschmidt. Yokohama, Japan, 26 June – 1 July 2016.
Pasche N, Sobek S, Schubert CJ, Müller B, Hofmann H, Lozovik PA, and Life under ice scientific team: Carbon cycling and carbon dioxide dynamics during ice-cover period in great Lake Onego, Russia. SIL2016. Torino, Italy, 31 July – 5 August 2016.
Bouffard D, Zdorovennov RE, Zdorovennova GE, Terzhevik AY, and Wüest A: Effects of solar radiation on convection and internal waves in ice-covered lake. 8th International Symposium on Stratified Flows (ISSF). San Diego, USA, 29 August – 1 September 2016
Schill F, Bahr A, and Martinoli A: Vertex: a new distributed underwater robotic platform for environmental monitoring. DARS 2016 – 13th International Symposium on Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems. London, England, 7-9 November 2016.
Thomas C, Lyautey E, Ariztegui D, Dubois N, Frossard V, Pasche N, Perga M-E and the Life under the ice scientific team: Life under the ice: microbial diversity and methane cycling in the sediment of the ice-covered Lake Onego, Russia. 14th Swiss Geoscience Meeting. Geneva, Switzerland, 18-19 November 2016.
Tarasov M, Shinkareva G, Tutubalina O, Lychagin Mikhail, Constantin D, Rehak M, Akhtman Y, Merminod B, Tofield-Pasche N, Chalov S and Slipenchuck M: Investigation of heavy metals distribution in suspended matter and macrophytes of the Selenga river delta using airborne hyperspectral remote sensing. 9th EARSeL SIG Imaging Spectroscopy workshop, LIST. Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 14-16 April 2015.
Cubero-Castan MSP, Constantin D, Barbieux KS, Nouchi VM, Akhtman Y and Merminod B: A new smoothness based strategy for semi-supervised atmospheric correction: application to the Léman-Baïkal campaign. 7th Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensing. Tokyo, Japan, 2-5 June 2015.
9th Symposium for European Freshwater Sciences. Geneva, Switzerland, 5-10 July:
- Nouchi V, Odermatt D, Bouffard D, Pasche N, and Wüest A: Water quality retrieval using hyperspectral observations by ultralight aircrafts over the Selenga Delta in Lake Baikal.
- Pasche and A. Wüest. Limnology Center: multidisciplinary research and new technologies to study lakes.
- LIMNC chaired the special session SS11: Lake Baikal – an interdisciplinary laboratory of freshwater sciences with the following presentations:
- Schmid M, Tsimitri C, Budnev N, Schurter M, Sturm M, and Wüest A: What can we learn from 13 years of temperature observations in the south basin of Lake Baikal?
- Tsimitri C, Wüest A, and Schmid M: Internal waves in Lake Baikal’s south basin.
- Budnev: Baikal Neutrino Observatory as a deep-water laboratory for interdisciplinary researches.
- Granin N, Kozlov V, Tsvetova E, Gnatovsky R, Kucher K, and Troitskaya E: Ring structures on the ice of Lake Baikal.
- Sturm M, Vologina E, Budnev N, and Schurter M: Results of 20 years of sediment trap monitoring. Particle dynamics in ocean-like Lake Baikal.
- Litchman E, Brady M, O’Donnell D, Shchapov K, Silow E, Theriot E, and Wilburn P: Physical, chemical and biological drivers of phyto- and bacterioplankton diversity in Lake Baikal: some results from the dimensions of biodiversity project.
- Bürgmann H, Torres N, and Müller B: Anaerobic methane and ammonium oxidation occurs in stacked redox zones linked to iron- and manganese oxide layers in Lake Baikal sediment.
- Swann G, Panizzo V, Roberts S, Vologina L, Horstwood M, and Mackay A: Can silicon isotopes be used to assess anthropogenic impacts and nutrient utilisation in Lake Baikal, Siberia?
- Karthe D and Westphal K: Water quality challenges along Lake Baikal’s main artery: a meta study integrating recent research findings from the Selenga River Basin.
- Nouchi V, Odermatt D, Bouffard D, and Wüest A: Water quality retrieval using hyperspectral observations by ultralight aircrafts over the Selenga Delta in Lake Baikal.
- Shinkareva G, and Lychagin M. Distribution of dissolved and suspended heavy metals in the Selenga River Delta.
- Silow E, Shimaraeva S, Krashchuk L, Onuchin K, Pislegina H, Rusanovskaya O, Shchapov K, and Bedulina D: Recent trends in planktonic community of Lake Baikal and their possible reasons.
Cubero-Castan MSP, Tarasov M, Shinkareva G, Constantin D, Nouchi VM, Akhtman Y, and Merminod B: A new smoothing-based atmospheric correction: application to classification on Léman/Baïkal data. IGU Moscow. Moscow, Russia, 17-21 August 2015. Poster.
Terzhevik AY, Zdorovennov RE, Bouffard D and Zdorovennova GE: Russian-Swiss cooperative study of under-ice convection in Lake Onego: preliminary results. 4th European Large Lakes Symposium: Ecosystem Services and Management in a Changing World. Joensuu, Finland, 24-28 August 2015.
Irani Rahaghi A, Lemmin U, Riffler M, Wunderle S, and Barry DA: A multiscale surface water temperature data acquisition platform: tests on Lake Geneva, Switzerland. AGU Fall Meeting. San Francisco, USA, 13-18 December 2015. Poster.
Irani Rahaghi A, Lemmin U, Bouffard D, Riffler M, Wunderle S, and Barry DA: Seasonal spatial patterns of surface water temperature, surface heat fluxes and meteorological forcing over Lake Geneva. AGU Fall Meeting. San Francisco, USA, 13-18 December 2015. Poster.
Markfort CD, Carbajo Fuertes F, Valerio I, Heinz S, and Porté-Agel F: Canopy wake measurements using multiple scanning wind LiDARs. EGU General Assembly: EGU2014-9401.Vienna, Austria, 27 April – 2 May 2014.
Akthman Y: Leman-Baikal 2014: Science, Technology, Environment and Politics. Environmental Engineering Seminar Series. EPFL, Lausanne, 23 September 2014.
Akhtman Y, Constantin D, Rehak M, Nouchi V, Bouffard D, Pasche N, Shinkareva G, Chalov S, Lemmin U, and Merminod B: Leman-Baikal: remote sensing of lakes using an ultralight plane. 6th Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing. Lausanne, Switzerland, 24-27 June 2014.
Akhtman Y, Constantin D and Merminod Bertrand: Leman-Baikal: remote sensing of lakes using an ultralight plane. Bringing Together Selenga-Baikal Research 2014. Leipzig, Germany, 1-3 October 2014.
Pasche N, Nouchi V, Bouffard D, Wüest A, Akhtman Y, Constantin D and Merminod B: High-resolution mapping of water quality in the Selenga Delta from remote sensing. Bringing Together Selenga-Baikal Research 2014. Leipzig, Germany, 1-3 October 2014.
Le Dantec N, Babonneau N, Franzetti M, Delacourt C, Akhtman Y, Ayurzhanaev A, Le Roy P: High-resolution mapping of water quality in the Selenga Delta from remote sensing. Bringing Together Selenga-Baikal Research 2014. Leipzig, Germany, 1-3 October 2014. Poster.
Irani Rahaghi A, Lemmin U, Bouffard D, Riffler M, Wunderle S and Barry DA: Surface heat flux variability of a large lake: Lake Geneva, Switzerland. AGU Fall Meeting: H11E-0906. San Francisco, USA, 15-19 December 2014.
Corey M, Carbajo Fuertes F, Valerio I, Heinz S, and Porté-Agel F: Canopy wake measurements using multiple scanning wind LiDARs. AGU Fall Meeting: A43B-3268. San Francisco, USA, 15-19 December 2014.
Akhtman Y: ULM: Léman-Baïkal. 7th Summer School on Sustainable Development. Istomino, Russia, June 2013.
Hultmark M, Vallikivi M, and Arwatz G: Well resolved measurements of the turbulent fluxes in the atmospheric surface layer. Davos Atmosphere and Cryosphere Assembly (DACA13). Davos, Switzerland, 8-12 July 2013.
Akhtman Y: ULM: Léman-Baïkal. Workshop at the Russian Academy of Agriculture. Ulan-Ude, Russia, August 2013.
Hultmark M, Arwatz G, and Vallikivi M: Well resolved measurements of the turbulent fluxes in the atmospheric surface layer. European Turbulence Conference (ETC14). Lyon, France, 1-3 September 2013.
Akhtman Y, Constantin D, Rehak M, Tarasov M, and Lemmin U: Remote sensing methodology for an ultralight plane. 11th Swiss Geoscience Meeting. Lausanne, Switzerland. 15-16 November 2013.
Akhtman Y: UAS aided hyperspectral remote sensing: state-of-the-art and future outlook. 4th Lithuanian Space Conference – SEMWO. Vilnius, Lithuania, November 2013.
Bouffard D, Wüest A, Ibelings B and Tuia D: Ground truthing in alpine lakes. Sentinel-3Validation Team – ESA workshop. Frascati, Italy, November 2013.
Akhtman Y, Léman-Baikal: remote sensing from ultra-light planes. Meeting of the Swiss Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (SSPT). Lausanne, Switzerland, November 2013.