Find here the support of our tools set up to allow us to respect our guidelines for sustainable travel
EPFL sustainability has prepared a mobility guide designed to inform all EPFL’s community about the offers, infrastructures and events regarding commuting and professional mobility available on the campus.
More information: http://go.epfl.ch/mobilityguide
Remote meeting/conferencing services are provided.
- Several meeting and conference rooms of various sizes equipped with the most modern and easy-to-use conferencing technology.
- Technical support for hardware and software can be arranged prior to the meeting/conference and at any time during the session.
- Find here the Zoom user manual
- In order to ensure continuous improvement, users of videoconferencing services are strongly encouraged to provide feedback on room quality and reliability after each session to ensure that problems are identified and resolved quickly.
RouteRANK changes the way we think about travel while saving time:
- Tool’s parameters set according to the guidelines for sustainable professional travel
- The 1st selection criterion is CO2
- Always offers direct flights instead of indirect flights
- Linked to EPFL tools (travel agency…)
- Queries all databases (train/aircraft/urban transport…) at the same time
Note: An evaluation of the effectiveness, and compliance to the travel guidelines will be conducted. The CO2 footprint related to travel will be evaluated on a yearly basis, with a comparison to the previous year.
Administrative and other interested staff are trained on the following:
- The rationale and the implementation of these guidelines
- RouteRANK (ecologically friendly travel planning application)
- Services provided by CWT
- Conference room scheduling
- How to obtain SV- IT support for the organization of meetings or conference
- EPFL’s Travel Policy
- Professor/MER promotion files: The number talks/conferences that may be listed on the application have been limited to 3/year