Dear participant of the CIME Workshop on STEM,
After all the effort we put into the organization of our STEM workshop and the many registrations received, we were hoping that we can go ahead as planned. However, due to the worldwide situation caused by the outbreak of COVID-19, it is not realistic anymore to maintain the event. This is heartbreaking for us, as the Organizing Committee together with the speakers has invested a huge amount of energy in preparing this workshop for the first time.
We will see how the situation evolves, and as soon as things are back to normal, we will find a plan for rescheduling the workshop, probably in the fall 2020 or spring 2021. We will keep you on the priority list for the next workshop, with no obligation to register at the moment.
For now, we would like to thank you for having registered for the CIME workshop. The +30 registrations that we have received from different countries show definitely that there is a real demand for such a workshop.
We wish you the very best for these days.
Emad Oveisi, Marco Cantoni & Reza Zamani
The Organization Committee
- STEM theory and instrumentation
- Basic to advanced STEM imaging modes
- Aberrations, and aberration-corrected STEM
- Quantitative STEM, and STEM image simulation
- EELS: basic principles, data acquisition and processing
- EDX: basic principles, data acquisition and processing
- Optimization of spectroscopy data acquisition
- HyperSpy and independent component analysis