The Section of Environmental Sciences and Engineering offers a 1:1 program in Environmental Engineering in collaboration with the Danish Technical University (DTU).
The program is of two years duration with students being enrolled at either DTU or EPFL and completing one year at each University. Students obtain a MSc degree at the institution at which they are enrolled.
Students enrolled in the 1:1 program must complete 1 year of study at each DTU and EPFL. Only students having fulfilled their full Bachelor’s degree at EPFL or DTU are allowed to register for the 1:1 program. EPFL students registered in Environmental Engineering must start with the 1st Master year at EPFL, followed by the second year at DTU. DTU students can choose to start with 1st Master year at DTU or at EPFL and the 2nd year at the other institution.
- Compulsory and Specific SIE courses at EPFL totalling 23+25= 48 ECTS points.
- 12 ECTS courses at EPFL from an approved list of Specialization courses.
- 20 ECTS points among the Technological Specialization Courses at DTU
- Master ‘s Thesis of at least 30 ECTS points at DTU
- Elective Courses chosen from a list of approved courses at DTU to bring the total number of ECTS points of the entire study up to 120 ECTS points
- Students must obtain thirty (30) ECTS in one of three specializations proposed by EPFL.
- 30 ECTS points among the General Competence Courses at DTU
- 30 ECTS points among the Technology Specialization Courses at DTU
- 20 ECTS Specialization Courses chosen from a list of approved courses at EPFL
- Master’s Thesis of 30 ECTS points at EPFL
- Elective Courses chosen from a list of approved courses at EPFL to bring the total number of ECTS points of the entire study up to 120 ECTS points
The student registered at DTU, will obtain the degree of “MSc in Engineering, Environmental Engineering” from DTU with an attestation carrying the logos of both universities stating that the student has completed the DTU-EPFL 1:1 MSc program in Environmental engineering.
The student registered at EPFL, will receive the degree of “MSc in Environmental Sciences and Engineering and the right to use the title “Environmental Engineer” from EPFL with an attestation carrying the logos of both universities stating that the student has completed the DTU-EPFL 1:1 MSc program in Environmental engineering.
For EPFL students: deadline for registration is set on November 15. during the student’s first semester of Master year 1. The students need to fill in the online form for Double Diplomas and send it in on time to the mobility office. The EPFL mobility office will inform the selected students about how to send their full application to DTU.
For DTU students: please refer to the DTU information.
Students pay the standard tuition fees at their home university.