This is the program (subjected to change) of the 2021 session of Intensive course on Hydraulic Machines Engineering. Attention : The spoken language of this session is English.
This is the program of the 2020 session of Intensive course on Hydraulic Machines Engineering. Attention : The spoken language of this session is English.
Organized by EPFL-PTMH (Lausanne)
Short Course on Hydraulic Machine Engineering
September 5 to 9, 2022
Offer a high standard and intensive courses presented by turbo-machinery industrial engineers and researchers through comprehensive seminars and technical visits to selected plants.
- Hydrodynamics – Similitude – Cavitation.
Hydraulic turbomachinery engineering:
- Francis turbine runner;
- Pelton turbines;
- Centrifugal pumps.
Hydraulic turbomachines flow numerical simulations:
- Current and future tools;
- Industrial practice.
Model and Field Testing
- Reduced scale physical model instrumentation;
- Acceptance tests and specific tests;
- Hydroelectric power plant visit.
- Electricity market;
- Power system stability;
- Pumped storage power plants.
ParticipantsShould attend this program :
- industrial engineers and researchers interested in specializing or improving turbo-machinery
- technical universities academic staff
- graduate students in engineering
This intensive course is led by : Professor F. AVELLAN, Ph. D. in Engineering Chair of Hydraulic Machines Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland) and associated engineers and/or researchers from : ANDRITZ HYDRO, EDF, GE HYDRO, INESC TEC PORTO, POWER VISION ENGINEERING, SULZER PUMPS, VOITH HYDRO, EPFL-PTMH …
- Duration: 40 hours, 16 lecture modules, 1 site visit, 5 days;
- Prerequisite: Degree in engineering or professional engineering experience in industry;
- Language: English
- Certificate of attendance: at the end of the Short Course.
The course session will be held week 36 if a minimum of 12 attendees are registered.
Registration (registration form)
- Online at https://www.epfl.ch/research/facilities/hydraulic-machines-platform/ptmh/education/ – see Post-Graduate course.
- By completing the attached form to be addressed to EPFL-PTMH attention to
Isabelle STOUDMANN, Avenue de Cour 33 Bis, 1007 Lausanne/Switzerland,
E-mail: [email protected], Tel.: +41 21 693 25 05, Facsimile: +41 21 693 35 54
Fees (VAT 7.7% not included)
- CHF 3’500.00* (per person, including technical documentation, technical visit, lunch and coffee break).
- CHF 3’000.00* for the second attendee of the same company or institute;
- *Cancellation fees: 10% of the amount will be charged.
- Payment in advance by bank or postal transfer in Swiss Franc (CHF) to
Swiss Post, Postfinance SA, Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern-Switzerland
Swift/Bic POFICHBEXXX, Account no: 17-714571-6, IBAN for Swiss Francs: CH2709000000177145716
Reference: CC 0332 – Funds 111564 + invoice no. to be mentioned
- to be transferred before August 10.