2023 Short Course on Hydraulic Machines Engineering
This is the program (tentative schedule) of the 2023 session of Intensive course on Hydraulic Machines Engineering. Attention : The spoken language of this session is English.
2022 Short Course on Hydraulic Machines Engineering
This is the program of the 2022 session of Intensive course on Hydraulic Machines Engineering. Attention : The spoken language of this session is English.
Organized by EPFL-PTMH (Lausanne)
Short Course on Hydraulic Machine Engineering
September 4 to 8, 2023
Offer a high standard and intensive courses presented by turbo-machinery industrial engineers and researchers through comprehensive seminars and technical visits to selected plants.
- Hydrodynamics – Similitude – Cavitation.
Hydraulic turbomachinery engineering:
- Francis turbine runner;
- Pelton turbines;
- Centrifugal pumps.
Hydraulic turbomachines flow numerical simulations:
- Current and future tools;
- Industrial practice.
Model and Field Testing
- Reduced scale physical model instrumentation;
- Acceptance tests and specific tests;
- Hydroelectric power plant visit.
- Electricity market;
- Power system stability;
- Pumped storage power plants.
ParticipantsShould attend this program :
- industrial engineers and researchers interested in specializing or improving turbo-machinery
- technical universities academic staff
- graduate students in engineering
This intensive course is led by : Professor F. AVELLAN, Ph. D. in Engineering Chair of Hydraulic Machines Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland) and associated engineers and/or researchers from : ANDRITZ HYDRO, EDF, GE HYDRO, INESC TEC PORTO, POWER VISION ENGINEERING, SULZER PUMPS, VOITH HYDRO, EPFL-PTMH …
- Duration: 40 hours, 16 lecture modules, 1 site visit, 5 days;
- Prerequisite: Degree in engineering or professional engineering experience in industry;
- Language: English
- Certificate of attendance: at the end of the Short Course.
The course session will be held week 36 if a minimum of 12 attendees are registered.
Registration (registration form)
- Online at https://www.epfl.ch/research/facilities/hydraulic-machines-platform/ptmh/education/ – see Post-Graduate course.
- By completing the attached form to be addressed to EPFL-PTMH attention to
Nadia Kaiser, Avenue de Cour 33 Bis, 1007 Lausanne/Switzerland,
E-mail: [email protected]pfl.ch, Tel.: +41 21 693 54 56
Fees (VAT 7.7% not included)
- CHF 3’500.00* (per person, including technical documentation, technical visit, lunch and coffee break).
- CHF 3’000.00* for the second attendee of the same company or institute;
- *Cancellation fees: 10% of the amount will be charged.
- Payment in advance by bank or postal transfer in Swiss Franc (CHF) to
Swiss Post, Postfinance SA, Mingerstrasse 20, 3030 Bern-Switzerland
Swift/Bic POFICHBEXXX, Account no: 17-714571-6, IBAN for Swiss Francs: CH2709000000177145716
Reference: CC 0332 – Funds 111564 + invoice no. to be mentioned
- to be transferred before August 10.