The Library invites you to discover search and information management tools, or to broaden your use of those you already know.
This workshop is for people who want to start using Zotero, a free tool that enables to collect, organize and share bibliographic references. Zotero spares its users from spending troublesome hours on the creation of a bibliography. Very useful for anyone who writes reports or theses, Zotero will be useful all along the curriculum and beyond.
We can also organise in-depth training with specialised tools, hosted by external service providers. Example: one-day training session in Uniprot (Universal Protein Resource) was organised for the Faculty of Life Sciences.
We can also organise in-depth training with specialised tools, hosted by external service providers. Example: one-day training session in Ensembl was organised for the Faculty of Life Sciences.
- BEAST, search engine of the Library
- Multidisciplinary databases
- Specialised databases
- Creative Commons licenses
Advanced search for information :
- Adopt techniques for conducting a search efficiently.
- Learn to utilise professional sources of information in an efficient way.
Information management :
- Choose and use software to gather, organise and share your references.
- Keep up to date in your field by way of monitoring.
Information utilisation :
- Learn how to utilise scientific and technical information in all its forms in accordance with professional ethics.
- Study the basic rules of citation, copyright and Creative Commons licenses.
Scientific editing and publishing :
- Discover the various modalities of publication:< the classic route, “Gold Open Access”, “Green Open Access”.
- Master the challenges and repercussions of scientific publishing: contracts, h-index, impact factor, altmetrics.
- Understand the issues of preservation and dissemination of research data.