The Planning and Treasury Department (PLAN) leads EPFL’s overall annual budget process as well as the medium- and long-term strategic financial planning. It manages current cash flow, plans liquidity requirements and develops financial and investment strategies.
Our six-people team actively contributes to EPFL's strategic planning and promotes a culture of informed decision-making in order to advance the School's missions.
Our main missions
Budget and planning:
- Planning the School’s medium- and long-term financial needs, in accordance with strategic guidelines.
- Conduct of the EPFL’s annual budget process.
- Coordination of EPFL budget requests to the ETH Domain.
- Development of strategic and financial indicators for the Directorate.
- Liquidity management, cash requirements planning, banking relationship
- Currency risks monitoring and implementation of currency hedging and operations.
- Monitoring and strategic management of securities portfolios.
- Analysis and reporting on cash flow data for the ETH Board and the EPFL Directorate.