Associate Vice Presidency for Centers and Platforms (AVP-CP)
About the AVP-CP
AVP-CP mission is to coordinate and promote the activity of centres and technology platforms at EPFL, to ensure excellence in knowledge creation and the sharing of competencies and resources.
Centers and platforms boost synergies and regroup resources to support EPFL’s research, teaching and innovation missions go beyond state of the art
Services and Units
Centers create networks, collaborations and synergies between researchers and students around state-of-the-art scientific subjects. They build bridges between researchers at EPFL and other academic institutions, foster innovation and contribute to advance and share knowledge on specific themes within and beyond the academic world.
Find out the entire list of centers.
- Bernoulli Centre
- Blue Brain Project
- CLIMACT – Joint UNIL/EPFL Centre
- Centre for Imaging
- Centre for intelligent systems
- Centre for neuroprosthetics
- Centre for personalized health
Centre for quantum science and engineering
- Competence Centre for Materials Science and Technology CEPF, leading house EFPL
- Cultural heritage & innovation centre
- EPFL Space centre
- EPFL-ECAL Lab
- EcoCloud Center
- Energy Centre
- European Centre of Atomistic and Molecular Computations
- Excellence in Africa
- Humain Brain Project
- International Risk Governance Center
- Joint UNIL/EPFL Centre for digital humanities
- Max Planck-EPFL Centre for molecular nanosciences and technology
- Media Centre
- Swiss Data Science Centre
- Swiss Polar Institute
- Transportation centre
- lntegrative food and nutrition Centre
Platforms provide access to cutting-edge technical infrastructure and know-how expertise to EPFL scientists and students to perform their research, making optimal use of resources. They are also a place where knowledge and knowhow is shared and where EPFL contributes to advance the state of the art in the techniques covered by the platform.
Find out the entire list of platforms.
The unit coordinates the acquisition of major scientific equipment at EPFL, manages financial aspects of large research projects, and oversees the management of technological platforms and of transdisciplinary and inter-instituional entitites.