As required by the Swiss Federal Ordinance, we have set up a COVID-19 testing plan for EPFL employees so that we can remove the remote-working requirement (based on the directives communicated in our email on 27 May). Starting on Monday, 7 June, staff who come to one of EPFL’s sites are strongly encouraged to be tested once a week, free of charge. If you’ve been fully vaccinated, you no longer need to be tested.
Starting on 14 June, the testing service will also be available to students (free of charge), as their semester ends tomorrow and exams begin on 21 June. In the meantime, students can be tested free of charge at a drug store by showing their health insurance card.
- Lausanne campus: CM 1 3
- When: Monday to Friday, 7:30am–9:30am and 12:30pm–2:30pm (without appointment)
- Type of test: Roche Diagnostics AG’s rapid antigen test (nasopharynx)
When you arrive at the testing room, after you show your Camipro card, you will be given a self-test and asked to take a seat.
- You will perform the test by yourself and are expected to wait 15 minutes for the result to appear.
- Instructions will be made available, and on-site staff will be able to answer any questions you may have and to clean and disinfect the area.
- We encourage you to submit your test result anonymously so that it can be included in the weekly figures we are required to send to the cantonal public-health office (we only send in the number of tests we conduct each week and the number of positive and negative test results).
>>> What to do if you have or think you have COVID-19
For employees at other EPFL sites
A testing procedure for each site will be put in place early next week.