Exchange in EPFL
Students desiring to do their Master thesis in EPFL must contact an EPFL professor before the opening of the projects portal on IS-Academia.
Depending on the desired field, they will contact one of our professors (or MER) in order to obtain their consent of their supervision and the title of the thesis.
Registration to the Master thesis:
- As soon as the consent of the EPFL professor is received, follow the application procedure given by your contact person (the professor or his secretary)
- As soon as you have received the acceptation letter as well as the EPFL access, apply on IS-Academia
- Print the registration form (example) and have it signed by the EPFL professor
- Send the signed registration form to the Civil Engineering secretariat
► Exchange students going to EPFL do not have the obligation to perform their engineering internship in order to start their Master thesis.
► Consult also our FAQ web page for Master Thesis
Steps to be taken during the pre-study, preferably before the end of June (Autumn) or end of December (Spring):
- Find an EPFL supervisor in Civil Engineering
- As soon as you receive the EPFL professor’s agreement, register your PdM in IS-Academia
- Have your EPFL supervisor sign the PDF from your ISA registration (example) and send it to [email protected]
- Consult the page “Going on exchange”.
- Useful information
- Become a member of “International SOS” for medical assistance during your Master Project abroad. This is mandatory when you do your Master Project abroad.
Submission of the master project
The delivery deadlines are fixed by the registrar´s office.
Electronic version to be downloaded on the EPFL IT platform ENACshare.
Then send the link by email to [email protected], with the professor and the expert in CC.
(The 3 email addresses have to show on the same email in order to formalized the delivery of the PdM).
A paper version may be required by the professor or the expert.