Startup Champions Seed Night
The Startup Champions Seed Night is an annual startup presentation event bringing together the most promising entrepreneurs from EPFL and beyond, angel investors, mentors, industry leaders and scientists for an audience of 300+ people. The objective of the event is to showcase fast-growing entrepreneurial projects to the community and educate the audience about seed investment.
Here is the video of the 10th edition of the event that took place on 29 April 2021.
On 11 April 2019, you were invited to the new Startup Champions Seed Night @EPFL at Forum Rolex to listen and exchange with Madiha Derouazi, Founder & CEO of Amal Therapeutics and Steve Anavi, Cofounder et President of Qonto, as well as 20 world-class startups selected for a unique pitch competition, including the 10 Venture Leaders Life Sciences and the next generation of EPFL entrepreneurs.
On Nov 13, 2018, we invited you to the Fall 2018 edition of Startup Champions @ EPFL at Forum Rolex at 5pm to listen to and discuss with
- Felix Mayer, co-founder of Zurich-based Sensirion and
- Gabriel Clerc, former head of EPFL Technology Transfer Office.
On 25 October 2017, we invited you to the Fall 2017 edition of Startup Champions @EPFL at Forum Rolex at 17h30 to listen to and discuss with Didier Guzzoni, former chief scientist of Siri (Apple) and Szymon Kostrzewski, founder of KB Medical (Globus Medical). Furthermore we will present you at noon the new initiatives for bachelor and master students (xgrant, enable) with Yannick Bloem (Infinight, Bachelor EPFL) and Aurélien Soccard (Apety, Master EPFL).
On 26 April 2017, more than 400 people gathered for the Spring 2017 edition of the Startup Champions @EPFL at the Forum Rolex to listen to and discuss with Tej Tadi, founder & CEO of Mindmaze.We had also invited the young entrepreneurs of VentureLeaders China & LifeSciences.
On November 17, at 5pm, you were invited to the Fall 2016 edition of Startup Champions @ EPFL at the Forum Rolex to listen and discuss with
- George Koukis, the founder and former CEO of Temenos.
You may not know Temenos, so please visit Wikipedia. George Koukis is an exceptional personality, who spent more than 40 years in the software industry. George Koukis is a staunch proponent of Ethical Leadership and Sustainable Management. He is known for funding charity programs for hospitals and is also passionate about opera.
In addition, we invited three young entrepreneurs:
- Sebastien Thevenaz, Co-Founder and CTO of InvestGlass;
- Stijn Pieper, Co-Founder and CTO of Advanon;
- Francois Briod, Co-Founder and CEO of Monito.
On 21st April 2016, you were invited to to listen and discuss with
- Dennis Just, co-founder & CEO of Knip and
- Christophe Maire co-founder & CEO of Atlantic Labs,
On 24 February 2016, we invited in the Forum Rolex
- Michael Baum, Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur, founder & CEO of Founder.org, founder of Splunk (IPO), founder of 5 other startups (5 exits). The program was cancelled and will be hopefully orgainzed again in the near future.
On 25 November 2015, in the EPFL Rolex Learning Center, the Fall 2015 Start-up Champions invited you to listen to:
- Marcel Salathe (EPFL professor and entrepreneur),
- Ariel Luedi (busines angel and former CEO of Hybris – sold to SAP),
- David Brown (founder of buy.at & angel investor – Jilion, lemoptix) replacing Pierre Chappaz (serial entrepreneur – Teads, Kelkoo sold to Yahoo).
On April 22, at the EPFL Rolex Learning Center, the Spring 2015 Start-up Champions invites you to listen to:
- Jurgi Camblong (co-founder and CEO of Sophia Genetics) and
- Nicolas Abelé (co-founder and CTO of Lemoptix – acquired by Intel), as well as the 20 winners of the VentureLeaders 2015.
On 6 November 2014 the Fall 2014 venture ideas invites:
- Christoph Strecha (Founder & CEO of Pix4D),
- Jean-Christophe Zufferey (Co-founder & CEO of Sensefly) and
- Henri Seydoux (Founder & CEO of Parrot). Watch again the videos of the speakers.
On April 16, the Spring 2014 ventureideas invited the following guest speakers:
- Mehdi Aminian, serial entrepeneur, co-foudner of Jilion.
- Stephan Würmlin, co-founder of LiberoVision
- Alain Nicod, managing partner of Venture Incubator
Valérie Peyre and Pierre Maget, cofounders of Tekoe shared their experience on 12 November 12 in the RLC forum from 6pm to 7pm
The movie Startup Kids was screened at 7pm www.thestartupkids.com
On 20 September our guest speaker was Alexandre Gonthier, serial entrepeneur in the USA and EPFL alumni.
The Spring 2013 venture ideas conference took place on April 30th, from 1:30pm at the Forum – Rolex Learning Center EPFL with
- Mathieu Fivaz (co-founder Urturn/Webdocs)
- Johannes Reck (co-founder getYourGuide)
- the 20 winners of ventureleaders
- the laureate of the Helbling Innogrant 2013.
The Fall 2012 venture ideas took place on November 13th 2012 at the Forum – Rolex Learning Center at EPFL from noon to 1:30pm with
- Edouard Bugnion (founder of VMWare and Nuova),
- Sacha Labourey (founder CloudBees, and before at Jboss)
The 15th edition of venture ideas was divided in 3 parts:
– on May 8th, 2012 in CM 1 121 at 10am, a presentation by Craig Barratt – President Atheros, sold to Qualcomm for $3B. (Event was cancelled)
On May 15, 2012 in the forum of RLC at 2pm with
- Amin Shokrollahi (Kandou),
- Pascal Meyer (QoQa) and
- Arnaud Bertrand (Housetrip)
as well as the laureates of Venture Leaders 2012 and of the Helbling Innogrant Award. Followed at 6pm with Something Ventured.
The Fall 2011 venture ideas took place on November 4th 2011 in the Forum of Rolex Learning Center from 1:30pm to 4pm with
- Franck Riboud (CEO of Danone),
- Martin Odersky (chairman and co-founder of typeSafe/Scala), and
- Kamel Besseghir (CEO of Debiopharm) as guest speakers.
The Spring 2011 venture ideas took place on April, 21 2011 in the Forum of the Rolex Learning Center from 1:15pm to 4:30pm with
- Elmar Mock (co-inventor of the Swatch and founder of Créaholic),
- Nader Donzel (founder of Biocartis),
- Edouard Lambelet (founder of paper.li)
and the swissnational start-up team.
Fall 2010, with
- George Candea (founder Aster Data and EPFL professor),
- Rémi Walbaum (founder LeShop.ch and Fleur de Pain)
- and the Rolex Young Entrepreneurs Awards.
VentureIdeas @EPFL – November 4th, 2009 with
VentureIdeas @ EPFL – May 15, 2009: Web 2.1.2
- Neil Rimer (Index Ventures),
VentureIdeas @ EPFL – December 5, 2008:
- Daniel Rossellat – Founder and Président of Paleo.