Welcome to blaze
The three-month accelerator program is designed to forward leading student startups up to a successful market launch. We transform founders into leaders, projects into startups, and potential into flawless execution.
Blaze supports startups with the potential for rapid deployment, based on a distinctive technology, and an aspiration for societal impact.
Throughout the program, startups receive launch funding, dedicated coaching and access to an international network.
Through the intervention of industry partners, technology experts, and senior designers, EPFL TrailBlazers are offered all the tools they need for a successful market deployment, and with it, the potential to break market expectations.
What you get:
- A personalized support until launch, including expert coaching
- A wider network and access to a strong startup community
- Up to CHF 10,000 of non-dilutive funding
The program takes place twice a year (in Spring and Autumn) and ends with an award ceremony!
If you meet the criteria above, you can contact us with the following information:
- email subject: « BLAZE Startup Application – YourName for YourStartupName;
- a short blurb about your cofounding team and your company, describing your offer and your current achievements (first customer(s), grants raised, product, etc.);
- your interest and needs in joining Blaze;
- a few slots for a first introductory call;
- please attach to the email an executive summary or a short deck presenting your startup;
- CAUTION: please respect a limit of 150 words.
You will then be contacted by the program manager for fixing an introductory call to discuss your project. The next steps will be explained during the call.
The program brings a unique value-gain for your project through three pillars: funding, business & product boost, and international network.
More specifically, Blaze is a two to three-month accelerator program that gives you access to:
- up to CHF 10,000 through the Blaze Grant, to finance a first commercial deployment ;
- professional workshops on areas like strategy, communication, leval and finance to polish your business and guide the construction of your corporate documentation;
- personalized coaching from industry experts, tech researchers, and senior designers to ease and perfect your market launch ;
- business network with leading Swiss entreprises and investors, with which you will deepen your industry knowledge and discuss potential business and financing opportunities.
In addition, you will be recognized as an EPFL Startup, become part of an active community of EPFL entrepreneurs, and gain a unique market credibility.
Blaze prepares you to become a professional founder.
The program gives the training, the business formation and the tools to meet the most pressing market expectations.
By the end of the program, you can expect your startup to be ready for incorporation, with a funnel of clients and/or business partners, and possibly engaged in active conversations with early-stage investors.
You may deploy with a finalized version of your solution, an extended business network, and a solidified data room of corporate documents.
- startup projects built by a team, of which at least one leading co-founder is affiliated at EPFL;
- with a sound launch plan, ready for Swiss incorporation within 9 months after completing the program;
- a confirmed market traction, and ready for market launch within 6 months after completing the program;
- with a fast-to-deploy technical solution, of which a first working prototype has been built;
- a fast and scalable business model, with a potential to become a leading international startup.
Allocation of resources are dependent on your ongoing attendance and on the quality of the work performed.
Please only apply if you are willing to commit to the program workload!
No. Actually, Blaze can only support unincorporated startup projects at the time of admission into the program.
It is highly recommended! We believe in the power and the value of working in teams. Structuring responsibilities and roles between team members is a core aspect of the program learnings.
No, Blaze does not offer academic credits.
Blaze trains entrepreneurs and boost the launch of startups. The program is reserved for EPFL students with a big drive to move their project to the market, and is independent from EPFL studies.