We offer funding to help transform ideas into the companies of tomorrow. We provide two funding schemes to help entrepreneurs seeking to accelerate their ideas out of an EPFL lab, unlocking their true potential.
Validate your project from the beginning
Accelerate your journey from lab to market
Grants for students
The EPFL Changmakers program will start soon
- It is a joint programme conducted by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and Innosuisse, The Swiss Innovation Agency. It offers new funding opportunities at the intersection of basic research and science-based innovation.
- Innosuisse projet without an implementation partner
- Researchers who have an idea for an innovative project but who do not have a partner to help implement it can still submit a funding application to InnoSuisse.
- Robotics Spin Fund
- Robotics Spin Fund is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurship, and as a result we offer our members the opportunity to apply for our spin fund if they have an exciting idea that they wish to take to market.
- ESA Business Incubation Center (BIC)
- BIC is a 2-year program for start-ups that are younger than 5 years, registered in Switzerland, which have or can come up with a space connection. The incubated start-ups receive 200’000 € in non-dilutive funding and access to a broad network offering business and technical support. Start-ups from all over Switzerland are welcome to apply. Selection rounds take place twice a year.
- PACTT, Technology Transfer Office of UNIL-CHUV, is calling for start-up projects for the InnoTREK grant, part of InnoPACTT, a financial fund to accelerate innovation and UNIL-CHUV spin-off creation
- ETHZ Pioneer Fellowships
- A Pioneer Fellowship is awarded to an individual or groups of individuals intending to independently develop a highly innovative product or service to be exploited commercially and/or for the benefit of society.
- EU Funding Opportunities
- The European Union is also an important source of support for Innovators. Check the EU Funding Opportunities.
- Fondation pour l’Innovation Technologique (FIT)
- FIT gives out loans to project holders originating from a university based in Romandie.
- GebertRüf Stiftung
- The GebertRüf Stiftung‘s support policy particularly favours projects of highly qualified young scientists pursuing an independent course.
- Open to highly innovative business idea or you are transferring the results of Swiss academic research to global markets. Linked to a Swiss academic institution or research centre. You will establish your company in Switzerland and create jobs here. Only a “Swiss mailbox” will not be considered as a Swiss company. You have not yet launched (incorporated) your company by the time applying to venturekick. On going applications.
- The Hasler Stiftung
- The Hasler Foundation may take a financial stake in start-up companies which demonstrate particular innovative strength in the field of information and communications technology (ICT).
- The Coup de Pouce of Fondation René Liechti
- The Coup de Pouce of Fondation René Liechti : CHF 50’000 grant to support an early phase startup.
- The Stiftung für Technologie Innovation
- The Foundation For Technological Innovation (STI) provides support for innovative start-ups based in the business and residential area of the Espace Mittleland region (Cantons BE, SO, FR, NE and JU).
- The Volkwirtschaft Swiss Federal Foundation for Promotion of the National Economy
- The Volkwirtschaft Swiss Federal Foundation for Promotion of the National Economy provides financial support to innovative Swiss technology startups with the objective that the supported technologies and technical knowhow applications be commercially exploited.
Awards and Competitions
Prix Start Lausanne
Prix Start Lausanne EPFL UNIL student associations organising a competition for UNIL & EPFL students. Application deadline November of each year.
Pris du Jeune Entrepreneur (PJE)
Open to students from University of St Gallen, EHL, EPFL, SUPSI & ETHZ. Application deadline January of each year.
To Local Startups
Female French Speaking applicant only. Le prix Isabelle Musy vise à encourager l’entrepreneuriat des femmes dans le domaine des sciences et des technologies. Il récompense une femme issue d’une haute école de Suisse latine et domiciliée en Suisse latine dont les qualités d’entrepreneure et le dynamisme puissent servir d’exemple à toutes les femmes, dans le domaine des sciences et technologies. Application deadline April evrey two years.
Lausanne based competition open to Lausanne & surroundings located startups. Application deadline January of each year.
To Swiss Startups
Leading Swiss-wide startup competition focused on business idea & business plan. Open to any Swiss startup. It is an initiative of the ETH Zurich, McKinsey & Company CH, Knecht Holding, CTI, and EPFL. Application deadline April of each year.
HEC student association organising a competition opened to any Swiss startup. Application deadline October of each year.
Open to any Swiss startups. Application Deadline January of each year.
- Hello Tomorrow Challenge.
- Hello Tomorrow Challenge. A competition designed for Deep-Tech Entrepreneurs taking place in Fall in Paris.
- Swiss Economic Forum award
- Swiss Economic Forum award. All start-up companies based in Switzerland and that were founded after 1 Januar 2011. Application deadline January of each year.
- Swiss Technology Award
- Swiss Technology Award. To innovation that was developed in Switzerland or followed up by a company/institution based in Switzerland. Application deadline August of each year.
- Iddea Award
- Iddea Award. A social impact competition. Application deadline March of each year.
- E&Y Swiss Entrepreneur of the Year
- E&Y Swiss Entrepreneur of the Year. To any Swiss startup with at least 10 employees, business in existence for 2 years. Minimum annual revenue generated CHF 1 million. Application Deadline April of each year.