Since 2008, the EPFL Alumni and Equality offices will join forces for the International Women’s Day
March 8 2019: 50 years of EPFL women
With speeches of EPFL President Martin Vetterli and of member of the ETH Board Barbara Haering, the audience had the opportunity to hear testimonies from 5 EPFL alumnae during a panel discussion lead by Myret Zaki, Chief Editor at Bilan:
- Irina du Bois (CH’70, Alumni Award 2016), President of the Pierre du Bois Foundation
- Laure de Trentinian (MA’85, Alumni Award 2014), Head of Academy and Innovation, Marketing and Sales, Airbus Defence & Space
- Leila Schwery Bou-Diab (CH’99), VP Value Chain Management, Johnson & Johnson
- Claudia de Rham (PH’01, Alumni Award 2017), Professor of Theoretical Physics, Imperial College London
- Anne Mellano (GC’12), Co-Founder & VP of Operations, Bestmile
The audience also had the opportunity to discover student associations and professors acting everyday on campus for more equality.
March 8 2018: Women’s Careers– EPFL… What Next?
Welcome, Leïla Ojjeh, Director EPFL Alumni
Address by Pierre Vandergheynst, EPFL Vice-President Education
« Why Women Matter » Presentation of the McKinsey Report par Nina Probst, McKinsey associate.
Round Table, with the participation of Marilyne Andersen (PhD AR’04), Dean ENAC à l’EPFL; Déborah Heintze (SV’12), co-founder and COO of Lunaphore; Lajla Aganovic (SC’08), senior investment officer for a private investment company; Agnès Simon (BA ME’93), senior business director at Medtronic Europe; Assia Garbinato (SC’97, PhD SI’00), Head of Data Group, La Vaudoise Assurance; Michele Reigner, (MX’01), Head of Patents & Technology Watch, Rolexwomen, EPFL Alumna engaged in various careers (academic research, industry, services, entrepreneurship. etc.). Moderation: Myret Zaki – Editor-in-Chief of Bilan.
Conclusion & presentation of associations and networks at the event, Helene Fueger, Equal opportunities delegate
Networking, stands tour & dinner cocktail
Discover the video.