Early childhood, daycare
The Croquignole, Croq’cinelle, Polychinelle and Primavera daycare nurseries, managed by FAPE Foundation, located on the UniL and EPFL campus, welcome in priority children of persons with a valid work contract or studying in one of both institutions.
- FAPE Foundation (Fondation Accueil Petite Enfance EPFL-UNIL) (website soon available in English)
The Lausanne City Office for Parents (BIP) centralizes applications and registrations for daycare nurseries.
On its webpage, you will find a list of nurseries of “Reseau L”, application forms (including FAPE Foundation for the Croquignole the Croq’cinelle, the Polychinelle & Primavera), as well as a price estimate.
Private daycare on campus
Furthermore, there is a private daycare nursery, in Innovation Square: The Nanosphère.
In certain cantons, EPFL has concluded arrangements with nurseries regarding the allocation of places. For more information please contact Equal Opportunities Office.
Although the number of available places in nurseries or with daycare families has greatly increased in recent years, it nevertheless remains insufficient. To find a place, register as soon as possible. Most communes allow enrollment from the first months of pregnancy.
To find a nursery or other care solution (family day-care, etc.) in the cantons of Vaud, Geneva, Valais, Neuchâtel and Fribourg, please visit the following websites:
On the initiative of the Equality Office and its Steering Committee and in partnership with the Red Cross, EPFL offers to its employees, emergency childcare services for sick or injured children. This initiative has been possible thanks to the financial support of the Robert Gnehm Fund.
- If a parent employed by EPFL is unable to come to work due to a sick or injured child or because of the sudden incapacity of the child carer, a daycare service can be arranged through Red Cross, therefore enabling to come to work.
- This emergency care offer does not affect the parents’ right to take leave to look after their sick child as defined in Art. 52 OPers-EPF, but aims to provide an additional solution.
- Art. 52 OPers-EPF, mais vise à offrir une solution supplémentaire.
- The age limit of children is 12 years old.
- The offer is limited to 40h/year per family
- For managers (functional levels ≥ 10) and professors, EPFL request a contribution of CHF 20 per hour. This contribution will be deducted from the monthly income once per quarter. Concerned employees will be informed beforehand.