Most of scientific equipment in CMi cleanrooms do not have an internet access. They have been isolated from the rest of the Web regarding IT safety reasons (Old OS, no updates, etc …). However, we know that to use certain tools some files may be needed.
Most of our machines can access a secure file server (NAS) that we are used to call cmi-tranfert in CMi. This is the preferred method for transferring files.
To access cmi-transfert, you need:
- To know your Gaspar credentials.
- To be connected the EPFL network (If you are not on the campus, the VPN is required).
- To connect cmi-transfert on your machine:
- PC : \\sti1files.epfl.ch\cmi-transfert
- Mac : smb://sti1files.epfl.ch/cmi-transfert