Automated correction and scanning for exams
Summer Session Exam 2021
In order to ensure an appropriate of service, the CePRO team must be informed of your needs two months prior to the exam. Therefore, we would appreciate it if you could complete the form
until midnight on 14 May
Thank you !
The CAPE has developed a service to support teachers in the preparation, digitization, automatic correction of multiple choice questions and the generation of statistics and results.
It offers personalized support according to needs, technical knowledge and type of exam.
Scanning of exam copies
- Use of QR code to detect the first page of copies.
- Storage in a secure room during the examination period.
- Scanning of copies
- Provision of scanned files on a secure network drive
Automated exam correction with AMC (Auto-Multiple-Choice)
The system recommended at EPFL is the open source Auto-Multiple-Choice (AMC) software based on LaTeX. AMC works with Linux (as well as MacOS within certain limits).
This software allows in particular the personalization of student papers, the automatic mixing of questions/answers, the automatic correction of multiple-choice questions and the generation of annotated PDFs.
A command line tool (BAMC), numerous scripts and templates have also been developed to facilitate the preparation, processing and generation of statistics and results.
CAPE supports teachers and their assistants through :
- provision of templates and scripts
- compilation and generation of files for printing
- coordination with the Reprography department for printing
- digitization and processing of automatic corrections
- provision of annotated PDF files as well as results and statistics files
However, we remind you that teachers remain entirely responsible for their own exams.