- You must have a minimum of 4 credits to be allowed to take the candidacy exam.
- Please refer to the course section of the EDEY PhD student page to find courses and/or register.
- The transferable skills credits do not count for the 1st year but will appear in your credit statements in IS-Academia as soon as your candidacy exam has been validated by the students’ service.
- If you do not have 4 credits already at the time when you are taking your candidacy exam, you need to fill the “extension request form“ and hand it signed (except for EDEY program director’s signature).
- Do not forget to select the option “credits” at the beginning of the form.
If not, it is requested that you meet him/her before your candidacy exam and notify the EDEY administrative assistant when you did.
Discuss with your thesis director regarding the organization of your candidacy exam which must take place between 9 months and 1 year after your immatriculation date (who – where – when – what).
- If you are not able to have your exam before the end of your 1st year, fill the form “extension request form” and send it with the signatures to the EDEY administrative assistant it as soon as possible but at least 10 days prior end of your 1st year. The EDEY administrative assistant will take care of EDEY director’s signature.
- Thank you to contact EDEY administrative assistant to notify her of the potential postponing of your candidacy exam.
Consult paragraph 3 of EDEY rules regarding the composition of the jury for your candidacy exam.
Thank you to make sure that you send the jury proposal form for your candidacy exam at least 10 days prior your candidacy exam date.
- After you completed the jury proposal form, the coverpage for your Research Plan will be available for you start filling. The IS-Academia Guidelines for the Research Plan coverpage can be found here.
- There is no need to send your Research Plan plan before the candidacy exam to EDEY administrative assistant.
As per EDEY rules, you have to send your Research Plan to all the members of your jury minimum 1 week prior the date of your exam.
You will have to send by email:
- The PDF of the Research Plan coverpage that you have filled in IS-Academia with your signature, your thesis director’s and co-director’s. The EDEY administrative assistant will take care to collect the one from EDEY program director.
- The PDF of the Research Plan
Send the final version of the Research Plan with the signed cover page maximum 7 days after the candidacy exam.