The Zeiss Merlin is an ultra-high resolution FE-SEM (Field Emission SEM). The Gemini II column allows scanning modes with different probe currents; from few pA for high resolution imaging up to 300 nA for analytical purposes.
- standard Everhart-Thornley secondary-electron (SE) detector;
- Gemini II column with Inlens (SE) and EsB (Energy selective BSE) detectors;
- insertable 4 quadrant backscattered electron (BSE) detector;
- insertable annular dark and bright STEM detector;
- two Oxford Inst. EDX detectors