Any applicant who does not fulfill the admissions requirements for first year can register for the admission examination.
For examination dates, fees, payment conditions and registration, please refer to the French version of this page.
1) Passing the CMS is equivalent to passing the admission examination.
2) We strongly discourage students from taking the examination with only the baccalaureate or other secondary education as preparation.
3) Candidates for the exam can cancel their participation one week before the beginning of the session at the latest. After this deadline, we won’t be able to refund the exam fee or report the application to the following year. The cancellation will count as a failure.
- 2020 admission examination schedule (in French)
- 2020 admission examination program (in French)
- Sample exercises for preparing the admission examination
The EPFL student desk is the main contact point for all academic queries
From Monday to Friday : 9h00-18h00
41 21 693 43 45
BP 1229 (bâtiment BP)
CH – 1015 Lausanne