Applicants who do not hold a school-leaving certificate granting admission to the first year of the Bachelor’s programs at EPFL are allowed to register for admission examination.
- Exam dates (scientific branches): from the 24th to the 27th of January, 2022
- Exam dates (general-knowledge branches): August–September, 2022
- Registration period: from the 1st of September to the 1st of December, 2021
Access the registration form (in French)
The registration tax for the admission exam is CHF 150.- for holders of a foreign school-leaving certificate, and CHF 50.- for other applicants. The exam tax is CHF 550.- for the reduced exam and CHF 800.- for the full exam (Ordonnance du Conseil des EPF sur les taxes perçues dans le domaine des EPF).
Payment is possible by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), Swiss Postcard debit card, or PayPal only.
1. Passing the CMS (Cours de mathématiques spéciales) is equivalent to passing the admission examination.
2. We strongly discourage applicants from taking the examination with the baccalaureate or any other secondary education as sole preparation.
3. Applicants for the exam can cancel their participation one week before the beginning of the session at the latest. After this deadline, we won’t refund the exam fee nor report the application to the following year. The cancellation will therefore count as a failure.
4. The registration tax will not be refunded in any case.
5. EPFL decides whether applicants are subject to the full or reduced admission examination (see program of the admission examination below, in French), on the basis of their school curriculums, upon analysis of their registration dossiers.
- 2022 admission examination program (in French)
- 2022 admission examination schedule (in French)
- Exercises in analysis, linear algebra, analytic geometry, and physics (in French)
- Course and exercises in trigonometric, logarithmic, and exponential functions (in French)
The EPFL student desk is the main contact point for all academic queries
From Monday to Friday : 9h00-18h00
+41 21 693 43 45
BP 1229 (bâtiment BP)
CH – 1015 Lausanne