Applicants who do not hold a school-leaving certificate granting admission to the first year of the Bachelor’s programs at EPFL are allowed to register for admission examination.
For examination dates, fees, payment conditions, and registration (in French), please refer to the French version of this page. Note that the examination takes place entirely in French.
1. Passing the CMS (Cours de mathématiques spéciales) is equivalent to passing the admission examination.
2. We strongly discourage applicants from taking the examination with the baccalaureate or any other secondary education as sole preparation.
3. Applicants for the exam can cancel their participation one week before the beginning of the session at the latest. After this deadline, we won’t refund the exam fee nor report the application to the following year. The cancellation will therefore count as a failure.
4. The registration tax will not be refunded in any case.
5. EPFL decides whether applicants are subject to the full or reduced admission examination (see program of the admission examination below, in French), on the basis of their school curriculums, upon analysis of their registration dossiers.
- 2020 admission examination program (in French)
- 2021 admission examination program (in French)
- Sample exercises for preparing the admission examination
The EPFL student desk is the main contact point for all academic queries
From Monday to Friday : 9h00-18h00
41 21 693 43 45
BP 1229 (bâtiment BP)
CH – 1015 Lausanne