We encourage you to make use of the following services and resources, which are designed to help you cope with day-to-day challenges and keep you healthy.
EPFL has set up the Self Care program to support all employees during this particular time caused by COVID 19.
All PhD students, are entitled to benefit from 2 coaching sessions, 45 minutes each, in French or in English (even if you already used this service in 2020). If needed, the coach can contact HR to request an extension to provide 2-3 additional sessions. The sessions are free of charge to the PhD student.
This one-on-one coaching offers support, practical tools and concrete tips which are helpful especially during this particular period.
To benefit from the support please write to the coach at this email address [email protected]. They will get back to you within 24 hours to schedule your first coaching session.
This service is strictly confidential and no prior authorization is required. This service is provided by external coaches who are bound by strict confidentiality agreements. EPFL will not have access to names nor any information shared with the coaches.
In addition, you can view short training programs and videos online, with general advice on maintaining balance in a complex environment, improving your well-being, getting organized and being efficient.
- PhD students can obtain confidential, counseling and psychotherapeutic support >> Learn more.
To enhance your physical and mental well-being, you can select from a wide range of online activities – from mindfulness meditation to discofit – offered by the UNIL-EPFL Sports Center.
>> Shot Sessions (30 minutes online sessions on fitness, mindfulness and keeping your back healthy with the help of a physical therapist; free of charge).
>> Online courses for Sports Universitaires members (50% discount for the spring 2021 semester).
- If you have any work-related medical questions or concerns, you can contact EPFL’s occupational health team. Your request will be handled confidentially >> Learn more.
- If you have a specific need or general question in connection with your health, you can schedule an appointment with a nurse at the EPFL Health Point >> Learn more.
- EPFL’s spiritual care service provides all staff members with personalized support, activities addressing questions of meaning and ethics, and moments of renewal and social interaction >> Services offered by the chaplaincy.
- View the video series on cultural differences (access through GASPAR login).